Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit 3 vibration

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else find the vibration on the new charge 3 EXTREMELY strong!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The vibrations are stronger than the Charge 2, but the weak vibration was a complaint for some.

Vibration strength on the charge 3 is adjustable to either "normal" or "strong" in your settings screen on the tracker.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

There are two settings available for it if you go in the settings menu on the Charge 3 - you can choose between “normal” and “strong”. Maybe it’s set to “strong” on yours?

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer

The vibrations are stronger than the Charge 2, but the weak vibration was a complaint for some.

Vibration strength on the charge 3 is adjustable to either "normal" or "strong" in your settings screen on the tracker.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

its set to normal. I just got 6 text messages in a row and my wrist is hurting from the intense vibration! I never had this problem before.

Best Answer

Normal and strong. I don't feel a difference. Just too strong. 

Best Answer

I find the vibration extremely strong as well, in both Normal and Strong settings. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Both are just almost painful!

I'd love a more subtle vibration option.

I've ended up turning notifications off for this reason.

Best Answer

So far so good with the charge 3... except for the vibration, totally agree with you guys..

would be nice with a third option named “low vibration”

mine is on “standard” now... don’t want to even try the “strong” option. 

Could fitbit crew please put this on the wish list?

Best Answer

Your wrist is hurting from the vibration ?

my eyes are hurting viewing your comment.

its a major improvement the new vibration, and as said, there are two intensity levels.

Best Answer

Yes! Has this been solved? I have vibrations for my charge 3 set on Normal, and it's way too buzzy for me.

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

We appreciate you letting us know you consider the vibration of the Fitbit Charge 3 is too strong. Like @Buzzsaw mentioned, some users requested a Tracker with a stronger vibration so in the Fitbit Charge 3, this was implemented. If you consider there should be a setting to reduce the intensity of the vibration, you are welcome to visit the Feature Suggestion board. I found a similar request called Gentle Setting for Vibration on Charge 3. Once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

A gentle setting would be nice.  It doesn't hurt at all, but it's kind of loud.  I like the vibrations, and for my morning alarm, I would definitely keep it at strong to ensure I wake up.  But during the day, when I'm awake, I don't need it to be that strong.  

Also, I have put it at strong and normal, and I've noticed no difference between the two settings.  When I got my Fitbit Charge 3 a few weeks ago, the vibration was not as strong as it has been this last week, which is also odd.

But all in all, I really love my Charge 3.  It's pretty freaking awesome!!

Best Answer

How do you do this please mine doesn't vibrate at all 

Best Answer

@Bec285 @lajohnsoncsr Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

@Bec285 If your Tracker doesn't vibrate, please perform a restart by following these steps. You can check the vibration settings if you go to your Charge 3 > settings > vibrations.

@lajohnsoncsr I'm glad to hear that you love your Fitbit Charge 3. 

Hope this helps. Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

HiI have done these numerous times and it's still not vibrating, I'm thinking the charge 3 might be faulty. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

You got my vote. I came from a charge 2 and I find the charge 3 vibrations way too strong.  A weaker setting would be wonderful. 

Best Answer

@Bec285 @WPaul It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

@Bec285 I noticed that you contacted Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will be happy to evaluate your case and provide assistance as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what you guys are used to but I have mine on strong & wish it was stronger, still miss mine every now & then as it's too subtle!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a charge 3 for Christmas and love the hourly reminders when they work. I have it set on strong but barely feel it. I have even intentionally sat very still at the 10 minutes to the hour mark and sometimes get no vibration at all or a very weak one. Appreciate any suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the strength is spot on, The only thing which supports this is there is no difference in normal or strong. If there is a setting for a different level, well... it should work.

If its hurting you, have you not considered turning off some of the notifications so its not going off ALL the time???

Sorry, I wouldn't know, Im not that popular. 🙂

Best Answer

I wish, mine is on strong, and half the time I never feel it!

Best Answer