Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Change 3 stopped vibrating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 stopped vibrating all together. I checked all the settings and tried resetting while it's on the charger several times. Is there anything else I can't try. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bell16112. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed. May I confirm which settings did you check? Note that when DND is on, notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.

Note that you can't turn on do not disturb and sleep mode at the same time, but if Do not Disturb isn't on, I recommend checking Sleep Mode. Sleep Mode is another setting that will prevent the following, when it is activated: 

1. Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  2. The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  3. Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker's screen to turn on.

I also suggest performing a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Bell16112. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed. May I confirm which settings did you check? Note that when DND is on, notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.

Note that you can't turn on do not disturb and sleep mode at the same time, but if Do not Disturb isn't on, I recommend checking Sleep Mode. Sleep Mode is another setting that will prevent the following, when it is activated: 

1. Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  2. The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  3. Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker's screen to turn on.

I also suggest performing a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

I look forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was the sleep setting, I have no idea how it got switched but something so simple fixed it. Thank you! 

Best Answer

@Bell16112 Thanks for your reply. 

I'm glad to hear that the inconvenience is now resolved! Hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals! 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes