Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 display problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

On November 25th 2018 I bought my first activity tracker. It was the Fitbit charge 3.

In the evening of December 4th 2019 the screen acted very weird after removing it from the charger. It had weird stripes on the screen and I could not swipe anymore. I could not use the Charge 3 anymore. So the next day I went back to the store where I bought it and received a new Fitbit Charge 3.

A few weeks ago I noticed a black line (missing dots/dead pixels) on my screen.
Now there are several black lines. The problem is getting worse fast.

My Charge 3 is 15 days after Warranty of 2 years (I am in Europe).
Can Fitbit help me, please? Exchange my Charge 3 for a Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Laska2013 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with this. Please try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

Only Support can replace devices and they will check your warranty status but we will need that you troubleshoot this issue before they can check this information.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you AlvaroFitbit.
I rebooted my tracker as per your instructions. The problem is not solved.

Please refer my case to Support. I hope they are willing to help me, because my tracker is just outside warranty (see my first post).

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problems with this second Charge 3 started in August/September 2020.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Laska2013 thank you for your reply and for following my previous instructions.

Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I haven't heard from Support, yet.
Has something gone wrong?

Regards,
Anita van de Sanden
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit 

Hello,

I still haven't heard from Support team.
Has something gone wrong?

Regards,
Anita van de Sanden

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Laska2013 thank you for your reply.

Sorry to hear about this. Due to recent events affecting our operations, Support may need more than 7 business days to respond.  

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Now I know what to expect.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Support

The display on my Charge 3 just disappeared two days ago.

I have tried all the ways posted (5 in all) to restore the display to my Charge 3. It still synchs and passes on sleep etc data on a daily basis, but it would be great to see the display so I can choose the exercise I want to record.

What next?

Jimsci
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jimsci Welcome to the Community. 

Let me help you with this. You don't mention which troubleshoots you have done so I just want to confirm that you have tried the restart (explained above) and also (since your tracker is syncing), try changing the clock face.

@Laska2013 glad I could help.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes