Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 screen black, unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello...

My charge 3 fitbit fitbit screen went totally black

It doesn't response to tapping. 

I charged it today to 100%.

3 hours ago it was working fine, i saw the steps the clock everything.

But upon checking now, it shows nothing and it doesn't sync with my phone.

The green light in the back is working and the side touch button is vibrating on touch as usual.

I didn't do any activities like running or anything. I was just sitting in the library when i noticed it. 

Please, help.

TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

I tried this and my screen came back on too !

But I also have a dim screen I went into settings and change brightness to Normal from auto and was a bit brighter but soon went dim again !

Best Answer

My Charge 3 is fully charged. Tried changing the clock face a few times. It vibrates when it switches but the screen is still black. I tried the short and long restart and nothing. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I always change the clock face and then manually sync to my phone again to be safe. That has always worked for me so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night, my Charge 3 went black. I have tried to restart 3 times, and have tried changing the watchface multiple times. It is still collecting data, I just can't see anything on the Fitbit. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Hello, 

Mine did the same about a few weeks ago. I tried the long and short restart, change the clock face, forget/pair the device, many-many times and it would only vibrate but nothing else. I contacted Customer Support since I've only had for  6 months and they sent me a replacement.  I gave them all the details I could so it can help them determine what is causing this.

Best Answer

Has not worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone wont sync with my fitbit.  I struggle daily with it!  Cant change watch face or anything.

That's fine if you can sync it!

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s been unresponsive for the past weeks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for the advice. It worked for me 🙂 happy 😃 

Best Answer
It never worked for me!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine constantly does this. I hate the charge 3 - charge 2 was so much better. The Bluetooth or syncing doesn’t work properly and it has a mind of its own. I charge it then it doesn’t work for a day or two .. all of a sudden it will pop alive and then I have it working for a short time before it needs charging again.  I use my charge as a watch and sometimes (sporadically) it won’t work ... so frustrating. I’m afraid it’s an Apple Watch soon .. not sure how much longer I can this!! Also, don’t  find FitBit as helpful .. can’t actually send a question (probably hidden in small print) all troubleshooting questions like this. Is it only if you are premium customer so again ££ on top?? Sorry for rant!! 

Best Answer

I have tried every suggestion to bring my Charge 3 back from the dreaded black screen.

Unfortunately nothing including contacting Fitbit has helped!

Fitbit appear to be ignoring this problem, probably because the Charge 4 has been released. The only trouble is that I don’t think too many people who have had Charge 3 problems would risk all the frustration again by turning to a Charge 4.

There is obviously a serious technical problem with the Charge3 and until Fitbit come to the party and can ensure it’s clients that the problem has been addressed in the Charge4 one should definitely not buy this tracker despite all the hype and positive reviews. No review addresses the considerable problem of the black screen. Wondering if they are given a few Fitbit’s to try out or maybe they are just the lucky ones who have had no problems !

Best Answer

Tried factory reset which has worked before, long reset and changing clock face all to no avail.  Before the display died this time, there was a faint white smear down the display.  Screen still black, no smiley face.  Green light on the back, vibrates when I push the button, battery 100%, tracking steps on app.  What more can I do.  Very annoying, not even a year old!

Best Answer

It worked! Thanks! 🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still not working and I ordered some as gifts to other people so am afraid if their doesn’t work too

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to change the "clock face" in your phone app, in the Charge 3 device settings, in the "all clocks" menu. By selecting a new clock face it resets the screen (like resetting a frozen computer) then you will have your Fitbit back! Works every time, happens to me once every few months!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing the clock face worked instantly!  No more black screen!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3, couple of months old, went blank this morning.  It is still tracking, battery 100% but nothing that I can see on the screen.  Tried reboot, tried long reboot and changing time zone and time face - no success.  Any ideas?

Best Answer

Hi, I think you've exhausted what I know about the blank screen, but the Fitbit is clearly still working so the screen must still be frozen... And if you did the 10second force reboot by pinching the button while it is plugged in and charging, then I think I'm out of suggestions... 

Best Answer
Thanks!  I tried everything to no avail.  Fitbit ended up replacing.
Best Answer
0 Votes