Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 screen not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On August 4th my screen on my Fitbit went all haywire then when I went to charge it, the watch showed me it was done and then a few seconds later went blank. I'm not sure if it is my charger that is not working or my fitbit, I have had this fitbit for 4 years and I love using it, but I cannot afford to replace it. What can I do to fix it?

Moderator edit: Formatting

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you get your Fitbit Charge 3 running again. 

Thanks for the explanation. I have a question. Does your device vibrate when you press and hold the button? Does the green LED on the back still flash? Is your device syncing? You can confirm that on the app. I recommend you restart your Charge 3: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. Thanks in advance!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have restarted it a few times and still doesn't work. Once I take it off
the charger it acts normal for 5 seconds and then turns off. No blinking
lights on the back of the watch when I turn it around.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have same problem . Have re- started it at least 10 times . I have the green light / it’s syncing with app / it’s 100% charged . I had the extremely faint smiley face/ it’s vibrates when holding button down . I just can’t see it . I can see a software update from 2020 on app . I had tried altering the brightness previously as it was fading over the past few months so I was having trouble actually seeing the screen . 
from looking at the community this was an ongoing problem even with the new ones . I have gone through 2 bracelets that were faulty and just brought a new leather type one so it doesn’t break . Hence do not want to buy a new one as it should work and it clearly picking up info in app I just can’t see anything on the screen . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi it’s all of a sudden turned back on after being blank for nearly a day but the screen is still too dim . I have changed settings to normal and don’t multiple resets  . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the beginning of June 2023, my charge 3 was working normally, fast forward to now & I can barely see it. I've done all the "fixes" advised but nothing has worked. I can't use it as a watch because I can't see the screen. The screen it set to normal. It's clearly a backlight issue with no way to fix it, so it's obviously a build in flaw, designed for you to buy another one. It's been very helpful having it but I'm not going to buy another if this flaw isn't dealt with properly. 

Best Answer