Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything suggested and it said my fitbit had updated but I haven't been able to sync it since the 8th November and now even the time has gone funny on it so I can't even use it as just a watch. No idea what the heck is going on with it. It's a Charge HR. My dad has tried for me, I've tried, my Fianceè has tried with no joy......

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

My my Fitbit charge HR is not syncing  it hasn't for months. I tried to download again and no luck

Best Answer

Hi there @Onak @GemHv, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you both are having problems getting your Charge HR trackers to sync as they should. Thanks for what you've tried to get it to work. I'll be happy to help you out!

I'd like to provide some suggestions in the case you've not tried them.

-Make sure you're using a compatible mobile device. To see the list of compatible devices, you can click here.

-Give your Charge HR a restart.For this, plug the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and plug the other end to your Charge HR. Press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and the version number and release the button.

-Make sure you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app and the latest version on the OS of your compatible mobile device.

-If you're still having problems, you can try to remove your tracker from the Bluetooth devices. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

-For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps. Please, let me know if you still need more help after this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Thank you so much for your message I have tried all of this a few times already with no joy as researched what to do. But will try it all again once more. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks and Kindest Regards

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all of this. 

I had already  tried all of what was advised, but gave it another go JUST INCASE. Deleting device and 're adding. Getting rid of the app completely and 're adding. Restarting the Charge HR. nothing has worked the device STILL isn't syncing, and the time is still wrong so can't even be used as a watch anymore. I don't know what to do. I even have new straps for it as a Christmas gift to go with different outfits for work etc as wore it all the time, but can't wear it at all anymore. I'm at my whits end with it now. If there is ANY THING else that can be tried please let me know because I don't know what to do with this expensive heap of junk right now. It was ABSOLUTELY FINE until this bloomin update and since then it's stopped working completely. Hasn't synced since November 8th 2018 I think it was. 

Many Thanks and Kindest Regards

Gemma 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a widespread problem with the Fitbit Charge HR. Fitbit's way to resolve this is have you buy a new one. How about they just fix the problem on their end. It happened right after the update. They are going to lose a lot of customers over this. I refuse to purchase another one when mine is working perfectly fine except for syncing. They will keep giving you the same robotic responses they they give to everyone. It's sad that they don't value their customers more. I will be looking into another devise other than Fitbit.

Best Answer

Have tried all the things you suggested.  Nothing works.  Now what??

Best Answer
I'm having the same problem and looking for answers myself.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Tried all the suggested fixes and none work.

So now have a watch with the wrong time, that will not sync and so is completely useless !

Best Answer
What was Fitbit's suggestion to you?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had a suggestion from them. Had advice from someone who works with fitbit (I think) but have tried everything and nothing has worked. I now just have a useless bracelet that doesn't even tell the correct time. Can't afford a new one so don't know what to do.....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit's suggest to me was to purchase a new one. That isn't going to
happen. The problem is within their system bot our fitbits. It's a
widespread problem and they need to fix it. We have all done everything
that they have suggested. There is no way all of our fitbits have gone bad
and having the exact same problem. I have decided to file a complaint with
consumer complaint on fitbit. They are being dishonest with their customers
and trying to take advantage of us for their profit.
Best Answer

Im looking for a different device now, too. It takes hours of trying every trick in the book to get the time right and get it to sync. An expensive and aggravating PC of junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I completely agree. Fitbit takes your money but refuses to fix a widespread
problem with their software.
Best Answer

I got mine working, for now. I unpaired it, restarted my phone, paired Fitbit BK to my phone and synced it. Looked a little later and the time was right..this is after hours of research on Google. So maybe restarting the phone got rid of old connection to Fitbit. I have no clue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all of this and nothing worked at all. But fitbit are on the case and have fully looked into my situation, they have said mine is definitely no longer working so are replacing it. They told me it was still under warrenty so they would send out a replcement and told me how to despose of the broken one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as well.  I have tried everything and it is still not working.  I wanted fitbit because it will link to my Myfitnesspal app but this is ridiculous!!!  I will be trying a different brand!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear that your Charge HR isn't syncing. Which phone are you using? Is it compatibleYou can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. You can find additional instructions for both phones and computers here.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1. Attach the charging cable to your tracker and plug the other end into a USB port.
2. Press and hold the button for approximately two seconds and without letting go of the button:
* Remove the charging cable from your tracker.
* Wait about seven to nine more seconds after removing the charging cable.
3. Let go of the button and hold it down again.
4. After "ALT" and a white screen flash, let go of the button and hold it down again.
5. After you feel a vibration, let go of the button and hold it down again.
6. After you see "ERROR," let go of the button and hold it down again.
[User-added image]
7. After you see "ERASE," let go of the button. The tracker will turn off.
[User-added image]
8. To turn your tracker back on, press the button or attach the charging cable (make sure to plug in the other end of the cable). If the time on your tracker reads 0:00, the reset was successful.
9. Next you'll tell your Fitbit account that you're setting up a new device.
* If you use the Fitbit app, tap or click the Account icon ([User-added image]) and choose Set Up a Device. Follow the instructions to replace your device.
* For fitbit.com instructions see How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was Nellnell5kids and couldn't sign in under that name but this is what I did.  I don't know why they won't share this anywhere else.  I had to do it twice but now it is working just fine.  I will have to put this in more than one post so hopefully they show up together.
Find below the steps to factory reset your Charge HR.

1. Attach the charging cable to your tracker and plug the other end into a USB port.
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately two seconds and without letting go of the button:
    1. Remove the charging cable from your tracker.
    2. Wait about seven to nine more seconds after removing the charging cable.
Best Answer
0 Votes