Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay shows error during set up-Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to add my details to wallet and my bank is definitely available with fitbit pay,

keeps saying "Error" or "Try again later." (I've been trying all day)

There's little to no information on this anywhere here or online but heaps of problems reported...

I don't know if I have the standard Charge 3 or Special Edition (SE) - But I can see wallet and fitbit pay instructions are shown on Fitbit to add cards? I can add my card details, billing address, it goes to load and then has an error everytime

Can someone actually clarify whether they have a charge 3 that has an operating wallet (fitbit pay) that works, becuase from what i'm reading its all hit and miss.

I need to know if there's actually  a way to get fitbit pay to work otherwise I'm wasting my time.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kryton_Jones.

Thank you for the information provided.

To check if your Fitbit Charge 3 supports Fitbit Pay, please remove the bottom band and look for "Fitbit Pay" printed on the end of the tracker.

EdsonFitbit_0-1632102101464.png

Please make sure to visit this article, open the menu "How do I set up Fitbit Pay?" and follow the instructions.

Whether you continue getting the same error, please provide us with the following information:

- Have you contacted your bank to verify if there is any restriction/limitation with your card?

- Have you verified that your card information has been correctly entered in the Fitbit Wallet?

- Is it a credit or debit card? Is it Visa, MasterCard or American Express?

- What's the name of the financial institution?

- If possible, please attach a screen shot of the error for further investigation.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I Checked the side and it has fitbit pay as well as the option to use
fitbit pay.
Everything works fine until "the preparing device" bit and then it says
error.
I have included a screenshot below:
It either says this or contact your financial Institution. i went to see my
bank and checked with customer support and my bank is valid.
i have logged a case with Customer support.
could it be that my phone is too old?
its a Huawei Nova 3i (android)
but again, the option is there to add wallet, so it should be working.
Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @Kryton_Jones.

I'm pretty sure that Customer Support will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been nearly a week and they've provided no information, how long does it normally take?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @Kryton_Jones.

Our team should get in touch with you as soon as possible. The timeframe would depend on the scenario. To get more information about your case, the best way is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Customer Support will continue providing assistance from now on.

Best Answer
0 Votes