Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge-2 blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

charged my fitbit but showing blank screen until now. Green light sensor still works and i can see it is also syncing. What is happening?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've got the same problem too - happened 3 days ago. Didn't hit it on anything or knock it, seemed to have just happened overnight. The green light still flashes on the back, and it still syncs with the app. Just nothing on the screen!!

Coincidentally, a new watch gets released this week. Fitbit intentionally bricked my Charge 1 a few years ago when they released the Charge 3... I do wonder if they're pulling the same thing again.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Just happened overnight. No display,but the app and all functions work. 0600 hrs  9/24/2020

Best Answer

I've got the same problem too - happened 3 days ago. Didn't hit it on anything or knock it, seemed to have just happened overnight. The green light still flashes on the back, and it still syncs with the app. Just nothing on the screen!!

Coincidentally, a new watch gets released this week. Fitbit intentionally bricked my Charge 1 a few years ago when they released the Charge 3... I do wonder if they're pulling the same thing again.  

Best Answer

My wife and I both have charge 2’s.  Both bricked within a week of each other with the same symptoms.  Black screen but still syncs.  Now that a few weeks have passed, my wife’s is now a total brick, nothing works and has trouble syncing (green lights/sensors are no longer flashing, just a solid dull green).  Mine will still show the screen during reset, but as soon as it’s removed from the charger it goes black again.  I find it a suspicious coincidence that both bricked at the same time.  I also think this was caused by a recent software or app update, but I don’t know what options we have.

Best Answer

My charge 2 had the same issue. Screen blank. Has anyone managed to recover from this issue? Or Is this Fitbit's way of making people upgrade by killing old models with a software bug?

Best Answer