Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracking stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do daily aerobics and my Fitbit Charge 2 has always tracked the days of exercise each week (example 4 of 6 days).  This icon is on the main dashboard (under wear your fitbit to bed).  I like seeing the calories burned, avg bpm, minutes of my workout and % of cardio.

My Charge 2 records my steps, calories burned and time as usual - but the exercise does not appear to be giving me credit for my (aerobic cardio) exercise today.

Any suggestions?  I have reset my fitbit.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  

What am I missing.  THANK YOU.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Called them - they are aware of problem. Apparently it takes “longer than normal” to load. Engineers looking I to issue .

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
49 REPLIES 49

I am having the exact same issue, it was fine yesterday. It’s very frustrating. I have been onto the chat help twice, I have done everything from switching phone/Bluetooth off to deleting the app unsyncing etc etc and nothing it working. I was told this was unusual and it needs further investigation. I have had this issue before but not for ages. So my over 2 hours of exercise today has not been recognised and this is also not showing up in MyFitnessPal 

Best Answer

Same here. Yesterday it tracked my walks as exercise, today it has tracked nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines doing exactly the same . Iv done everything uninstalled the app. pressed and held the botton on the side while charging . Unsynced it and nothing is working its driving me mad . Arrrggghhh 

Best Answer
Thanks ~
I will await for some sort of reply from Fitbit and I will also follow your
post to see if you get any reply.
On a side note.........mine just updated a half hour ago. I did my workout
at 7:30 a.m. today.......and finally at 4:30 pm mine updated. It "synced"
early this morning after my workout and nothing...it "synced" at 1 pm and
nothing.... finally 4:30 everything is good. BUT very frustrating.
I just heard from another person she is having the very same problem as you
and me. So it can't be "an unusual" problem!!!
Best Answer

Oh right mine still doing absolutely nothing its allowed me to enter it manually,  so it has now come up as exercise but why it's not picking it up automatically il never know it's a right pain . I just hope it sorts its self out sooner rather then later x 

Best Answer

Having the same problem. The last 2 days it hasn’t given me credit as exercise for my walks and Thursday no credit for a Zumba class 

Best Answer

Mine hasn't picked up my zumba class from tonight . Iv checked for updates and it's all up to date. Well so its telling me . Iv had to enter zumba manually tonight and iv just gone for the calories iv previously burned during a zumba class . X 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s what I did with my Zumba class too but the walks are trickier as I don’t go the same route or time of day or length of time and I never had to pay attention before. The mileage steps and calories would just be logged automatically and labeled as a walk. Frustrating that it’s not doing that anymore.

Peace Love Ukulele
Best Answer
0 Votes
So very frustrating.  I will have to do the same. Mine finally updated at 4:30pm. I exercised at 7:30 a.m. and nothing.  Uninstalled, reinstalled. It "synced" both before and after exercising, again at 1pm and 3pm and finally 4:30pm all is good. No idea what the heck is going on?  Just so annoying. Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer
Not sure why Fitbit cant figure this out. I am glad it isn't just me though. Good luck to all of us. Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer

I synced mine again before going to bed and nothing.  But this morning all my exercise from yesterday has appeared. For some many people to have had the same issue something was obviously wrong. I am glad it is fixed hope everyone else is fixed too, here’s hoping it doesn’t happen again 🤞🏻Out for a walk shortly so I will see if it is auto recognising.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, just an update mine still isn’t auto recognising/delay in syncing but it seems it’s not just the charge 2 other models are having the same issue.

Really wish they would fix this it’s very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. It missed half a day last week but this week stopped on Sunday and nothing recorded for this week. All other counts bring recorded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue - excercise not syncing to app - started yesterday and resetting, logging in and not does not resolve issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish we could get someone from Fitbit Support to consult on this thread. Seems that a lot of us are having this problem.
Best Answer
Yeah....hope it continues to work for you.  We shouldn't have to put so much effort into this.  It should recognize all of our workouts as we do them. Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Called them - they are aware of problem. Apparently it takes “longer than normal” to load. Engineers looking I to issue .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you, thank you, thank you.
I guess if I have problems today I will just sit and wait and see what
happens.
Glad to know they are working on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me as well. And when I tried to add the activity manually, it actually subtracted several thousand steps from my total (They came back when I removed the activity)

Best Answer