Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracking stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do daily aerobics and my Fitbit Charge 2 has always tracked the days of exercise each week (example 4 of 6 days).  This icon is on the main dashboard (under wear your fitbit to bed).  I like seeing the calories burned, avg bpm, minutes of my workout and % of cardio.

My Charge 2 records my steps, calories burned and time as usual - but the exercise does not appear to be giving me credit for my (aerobic cardio) exercise today.

Any suggestions?  I have reset my fitbit.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  

What am I missing.  THANK YOU.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Ive had exactly the same issue- manually entered exercise and it removed steps, minutes and reduced the number of hours with 250+ steps. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

I had the problem last Wednesday when it didn’t track my 1 hour walk.  Then it seemed to be ok but I’ve noticed that yesterday and again today it hasn’t registered my exercise although it does show in the active minutes.  Very frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope it gets fixed soon . Il see if mine is working after my zumba class tonight 🤞🤞 here to hoping x 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and have had for the past few weeks. I have reset Fitbit. Turned Bluetooth on and off, deleted Bluetooth and re-connected. Deleted App and re-installed. Turned off IPhone and then switched back on. Nothing works. My steps are recorded but my periods of exercise are not, I’ve even reduced the period of exercise but it still does not recognise it. Very annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the same. The only thing I did differently yesterday was turning on the gps to track my walk. I usually don’t bother. Since then it doesn’t recognise my walks 🤔 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s exactly what I did! The. It stopped working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Iv done a zumba class tonight and it seems to of picked it up so fingers crossed now it stays that way. Hope everyone else's starts working soon x 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just finished my cardio workout class and checked and mine worked too!!! Hopefully this continues.  Hope everyone else is having the same good luck!!!Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine worked this evening but only shows 1 of 5 days as the total so have probably lost yesterday and Mondays activity. This morning isn't there either.
But hopefully a glitch and back in order going forward

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully it stays this way now fingers crossed 🤞🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately you probably have lost it . But nevermind u know uv done it . Just hope it all stays working now . 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same problem. Started Tuesday 14th January. Had no recorded activity on Tuesday or Wednesday to 4pm. 3 times reset did not help ; doing a reset of Charge 2 is not easy - was scared of damaging the button when trying to press it with the charging cable in place. 

Seems to be OK today - fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn't working today. The last three days I had to manually enter my exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to chat with them and they said it never tracks elliptical automatically (it did before Monday) and that I don't do a min amount.  I workout 60 min straight and yesterday I also did a 45 min walk and lunch and nothing has counted as exercise since Sunday.  I have entered everything from Monday on manually after I sync and it isn't showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup...we arent making this stuff up!!!!Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like they are fobbing us off. If it tracked before Monday why not now. Also the exercise is within the set parameters to be picked up. Never used to be hit and miss. Something has been changed within the app this week.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just realised it showing as 2 of 5 days ....why isn't it 7 days? It was until last week. Obviously a change has been nade

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yh certainly sounds like it . Maybe it needs an update and they need to fix it . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had an issue tracking the route of my run, I manually start the exercise but it’s not updating me during a run on my 1k stats which it had been doing. It’s also not tracking the route, says I’ve done less than 1k when I’ve done 5k? Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Tracy~
Sorry I am not able to help with your route tracking issue. When I had my
initial issue where my exercise tracking stopped working I finally
contacted FitBit to report the issue and a few days later it was fixed.
Prior to that I uninstalled and reinstalled the app too but that didn't
seem help my issue. Maybe try reaching out to the entire fitbit community.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes