Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge 3 display very dim after latest firmware update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After applying the latest firmware update, the display is now incredibly dim.  I plugged it into charge cradle and held side button until reset..  Smily face was bright then followed by very dim time display.  It's so dim i can't really make out much to navigate.  Please help.

sm

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62
That sounds like the same problem I had, which was a defective display rather than a result of the update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Planned obsolescence. Fitbit should at a minimum offer a trade-in program for defective watches. Oddly many have reported this issue at the one year anniversary of their purchase.

Update:

Your problem is probably the same as mine, a defective display. It has nothing to do with the update problem reported by others.

They offered a friend of mine an upgrade discount. They told me I was out of luck because they had already replaced my defective band, which, BTW, I had to replace again after six months. That was $35 down the drain. FitBit used to be such a good company, a shining star.

Check your settings before you flush the thing. I think there might be a setting which got reset by the upgrade.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

As the display is dead we can't see the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a wake up tag in the menu. Try that, I had the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HELP! my screen is so dim I can't read a thing unless its at night in the dark! I changed my brightness settings to normal and auto and that didnt help. I forced restarted my watch on the charger and that didnt help. I never updated anything, it just started to happen 2 weeks ago and its been a nightmare.

Best Answer

The screen is totally blank.  I can't see the menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, so is mine. Just looking through and haven't found a cure. Looks like from other peoples posts that Fitbit has caused the problem with updates and now are turning their back on us!

Best Answer

It would seem so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. after a year of use with my Fitbit charge 3, the screen started to develop lines and none of the resets made it better. so Fitbit replaced my charge 3 tracker, and now after having that for a year, it's doing the same thing, giving me lines. and now the screen has gone completely black. They offered me 35% off my next Fitbit as they will no longer replace this for me, but of course I'm not going to trust Fitbit period definitely going with another brand

Best Answer

At the moment I am using my husband's 6 month old one as I need Fitbit for my diabetes programme, and he has bought himself another brand which was cheaper than the Fitbit but seems to be just as good.  No more Fitbits for me after this one goes.

Best Answer

On the clock face scroll the screen left till you get to settings and the tap on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me!  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your posting!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You!!  This worked.  I am disappointed in Fitbit.  I got it last year for Christmas and wouldn't you know that the problems start after the warranty expires.  Spoke with someone who purchased a Garmin to replace their Fitbit that died.  Reviews are showing Garmin has a better track record.  Fitbit needs to read these reviews!

Thanks again osudude for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't see it, but tried this and it worked like a charm. Thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try swiping left a few times or so and then click the top part of the screen. I got lucky and was able to turn the brightness back up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this worked for me 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the solution. I had to go in a dark room to see the display. But was able to get to settings/brightness. It was set to dim for some reason. Changed it to normal & all ok now.

Best Answer