Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not recording sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My fitbit isn't recording my sleep,it only recorded 2hrs,,,I already reset it and that didn't work,,,the firmware is up to date
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is great to see new faces around the Community @Cyndie51! If you just restart your Fitbit Charge, by following the instructions on @AlejandraFitbit post, then I suggest you to try it for a couple of nights and see if it is recording the sleep properly. 

Keep me updated with the outcome! Robot Very Happy 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

It is great to see new faces around the Community @Cyndie51! If you just restart your Fitbit Charge, by following the instructions on @AlejandraFitbit post, then I suggest you to try it for a couple of nights and see if it is recording the sleep properly. 

Keep me updated with the outcome! Robot Very Happy 

Best Answer
I cant find the post
Best Answer
0 Votes

See the instructions below @Cyndie51:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Charge. Your Charge will begin charging. 
2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V110"). 
3. Let go of the button. 
4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Your Charge should now work normally.

Keep us posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I have already done this and it still does the same thing

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @Cyndie51Robot Very Happy Oh! if there was no post when you click on the word "restart", don't worry, let me post the instructions here: 

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Charge. Your Charge will begin charging. 
2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30"). 
3. Let go of the button. 
4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done this already yesterday and it is updated,,,it skips hrs ,,
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you've tried what we suggested and your tracker is still not recording your sleep, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support directly so they can do a deeper investigation and see where the issue is coming from. 

Don't forget to mention the steps you've done to avoid getting the same ones.

Good luck @Cyndie51

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I called already and I will see if it changes ,,if not I am getting back to them
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok @Cyndie51! thank you so much for that information! I will appreciate if you keep me updated!

Keep me posted! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
It only worked for one night,it's back to not recording sleep
Best Answer
0 Votes
This isn't solved,,i hit the but by accident
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm.....very strange let me say @Cyndie51. Have you tried setting up your tracker as a new device? If you yet, please do it by doing these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Let me know if this solves the issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up talking to live chat and fixed the problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing news my friend @Cyndie51Smiley Very Happy

Please share with us how they fixed this, so other users may try that and also get it resolved as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They never fixed mine. I did everything they told me to do. I even dusted off my old Alta HR which still worked to see if I could pick up what was wrong.My old Alta HR worked perfectly and then I tried my Charge HR 3 and then it did not work properly again. It tells me that I have slept but then gives me  the "Simplified Sleep Details" spiel. I honestly believe the tracker is faulty and they will neither refund my purchase or replace the tracker. I am recommending to all my friends to stay away from Fitbit products. I am also sharing my experience with all my 3,000+ Facebook friends and anyone else who will listen. I am so tired of this!

Best Answer