Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting all notifications except text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help..... I’ve looked up every video online and followed every single step to turn on notifications. They’re all working except for text message notifications. Any help appreciated 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I've also got this problem and its constantly sending me notifications for events linked on my gmail calendar that I cant turn off!

Best Answer

I can get all other notifications as well.  I used to also receive text notifications and it was approximately around the time the iPhone did the iOS update a few months ago that it quit working. I have also scoured the internet trying to find a solution. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem but I have the galaxy s10. Are we having the same problem as iOS?

Best Answer

I have this issue as well. With galaxy s10

Best Answer

Have been seeing this also for about a month, seems to have happened after an update to my Galaxy S10+, but not sure.

I get WhatsApp, Hangouts, Messenger, Gmail, Phone... but not texts. Restarted the phone and the Versa several times, to no effect. Also reinstalled the FitBit App... no help there either.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Mine immodestly stopped working with the IOS update. I have searched and tried every option for getting it to work. EVERYTHING works except text. Even phone calls. Did anyone come up with a fix for this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, my texts just randomly started working again the other day... I
did nothing. I think there was an app update, so that might have been it.
Best Answer
I’ve heard nothing back and this problem still
Exists for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started getting my text message notifications back on my Fitbit.. mine happened right after a tmobile update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having this problem I got my Fitbit charge 3, 3 weeks ago. I am an iPhone user, I’ve never had any text messages displayed on it. WhatsApp. Facebook, Facebook messenger, calendar and Snapchat all work. Please help. It’s annoying me. 

Best Answer

Also a s10+ but get no notification all are turned on it should work, I also have tracking issues with exercise and heart rate not syncing very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with Galaxy S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all. I fixed my text message notifications by myself. If you got an iPhone check your message settings are set to previews message when unlocked. It’s a default setting. Mine was set to never. I changed it to when unlocked then turned my phone off and on again and I am getting text messages displayed on my Fitbit charge 3. 

Best Answer

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you so much!!! I had literally tried every tip from the help article on Fitbit but this did the trick!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely no problem at all 😊

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!! Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn’t work for me unfortunately 😭 any other tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are the settingS under notifications in your Fitbit app all enabled aswell?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they are. I’ve checked that my Fitbit and IOS are all up to date, all notifications under Fitbit and messages are turned on...I tried restarting both... I get notifications for everything else- phone calls, Venmo, calendar....just not text 

Best Answer
0 Votes