Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting all notifications except text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help..... I’ve looked up every video online and followed every single step to turn on notifications. They’re all working except for text message notifications. Any help appreciated 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

So this is what my iPhones messages Settings under notifications. Does yours match this? (Minus the message tone 😂

F9295543-C196-4394-93B4-DDBFFC7CE339.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Except I have it set to “always” instead of when unlocked

Best Answer
0 Votes

hmmm, there something else you could try, if you log into your fitbit dashboard, click the gear then go to your settings,then click on notifications, check the tick box next to messages is selected for your phone, make sure your phone isn't on 'do not disturb' either, that seems to turn the alerts to the watch off. 

dropdown.PNGnotifications.PNG

settings.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is checked too! 😭😭😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh man. I’m really sorry I don’t have any other ideas 😞. If I think of anything I’ll post here again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying!! Maybe it will start working again randomly like some other people on this page 🙏🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have one last idea, on your Iphone under the notification settings, right at the top is "Show Previews" if that is set to never, change it to either: "always" or "when unlocked". Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 23.55.07.png

Best Answer

This worked for me!! Thank you!!! I have a versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I have been trying to get this figured out for months. Just got my first text to show up on my Versa 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked immediately for me! I hope everyone else gets the help they need!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU so much. I have been dealing with this issue for months. My husband even brought me another Fitbit bc we thought I just got a defect. This totally worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much 88Pancakes.  It is now 2 years later and you still helped someone who has gone crazy for 2 weeks wondering why text messages stopped on my Fitbit (mine is an oldie Goldie Charge 2). But it works now with the fix about previewing the message. (Not sure when and how that stopped 🤷‍:female_sign:
You’re nice to help others!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes