Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Synching Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am sure this has been posted, however, the posts just simply are not helping me. I purchased the Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas and barely a month later the thing no longer wants to sync. I have tried uninstalling the Fitbit app on my phone, disconnecting it from bluetooth, location services, pretty much everything other posts have recommended. And still no luck with syncing. Every sync attempt fails and displays the following message "Tracker not found", which makes sense; because my bluetooth on my phone is not picking up the FItbit either. I don't know what to do to make this thing work. I wish I would have read more reviews before purchsing, I would have gone with a different option that is easier to sync. Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jcarr15 and welcome to the Community! I'd recommend that you:

1. Make sure that you have enabled location services for the Fitbit App. Click here for more info.

2. If you manage multiple Bluetooth connections on your mobile device, I'd recommend disabling other Bluetooth connections when you aren't using them.

3. Make sure that you have "Always Connected" and "All-Day Sync turned on in the Fitbit Android App. Always Connected improved the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 2 and mobile device and All-Day Sync allows your Charge 2 to periodically sync with your mobile device throughout the day.

4. Restart your Charge 2.

5. Reboot your mobile device.

6. Re-open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@jcarr15 wrote:

I am sure this has been posted, however, the posts just simply are not helping me. I purchased the Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas and barely a month later the thing no longer wants to sync. I have tried uninstalling the Fitbit app on my phone, disconnecting it from bluetooth, location services, pretty much everything other posts have recommended. And still no luck with syncing. Every sync attempt fails and displays the following message "Tracker not found", which makes sense; because my bluetooth on my phone is not picking up the FItbit either. I don't know what to do to make this thing work. I wish I would have read more reviews before purchsing, I would have gone with a different option that is easier to sync. Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I don't have any tips, unfortunately. I'm having the same problem -- won't sync. It advances the date but the rest is just haywire. Stuck on my step count from a few days ago. And I also just received mine for Christmas and only set it up a couple of weeks ago. Really annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, very annoying. I don't know what is going on. It worked fine then went haywire. I'm also stuck on my step count from 3 days ago. Is your bluetooth at least picking up your Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jcarr15 and welcome to the Community! I'd recommend that you:

1. Make sure that you have enabled location services for the Fitbit App. Click here for more info.

2. If you manage multiple Bluetooth connections on your mobile device, I'd recommend disabling other Bluetooth connections when you aren't using them.

3. Make sure that you have "Always Connected" and "All-Day Sync turned on in the Fitbit Android App. Always Connected improved the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 2 and mobile device and All-Day Sync allows your Charge 2 to periodically sync with your mobile device throughout the day.

4. Restart your Charge 2.

5. Reboot your mobile device.

6. Re-open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, rebooted everything, still will not sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KenWin Have you tried the troubleshoots that I suggested to jcarr15 in my post above?

If the syncing problem persists, I'd recommend verifying that you've turned on location services for the Fitbit App. Click here for more information.

Next, I'd recommend force quitting the Fitbit App and then reopening it to initiate a sync. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting it seemed to work. Although it did unsync about an hour later. I did restart the Fitbit again and it seems to be working fine for now.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Derrick,

I'm sorry to keep rehashing the same subject but up until the last update for Fitbit app, my Charge 2 synched just fine with my cellphone. Now, it only intermittently does it and I have rebooted, restarted, force stopped, uninstalled the app, literally EVERYTHING! And I find that my Charge 2 still will not maintain a synch with my cellphone. Everything was fine until the last update and now. Is Fitbit addressing this? The troubleshooting and workarounds do not work as a sustained solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this, it didn't work for me. The fitbit charge 2 was synchronising with my phone OK until about a week ago. Now it will not synch, at the moment it will not even pair on bluetooth. The message on the phone is "Couldn't pair. Check settings for device and try again. " I have already reset the Charge 2, re-installed the app, restarted the phone and checked the battery is fully charged. I've done all these things several times. What I do not understand is why the fitbit only works with some phones? All my other bluetooth compatible equipment; cars. headphones, conf call equipment, speakers etc, works with any phone that supports bluetooth, why not the Fitbit? Does the Fitbit fully support the bluetooth communications standards? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also tried switching on the location services and switching on an switching off the bluetooth. That does not help either. Could the fitbit be faulty? I have only had it just over 6 months

Best Answer
0 Votes