Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync bike mode?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I spin a couple of days a week, and when I try and set the "bike mode" on my charge, it tells me to "check my fitbit app".  I typically ignore it, and it will record my time and my heart rate, but no distance or mph done.  Help!  This is getting very frustrating.  I believe the same happens with the treadmill mode, too.  What am I doing, or not doing, wrong?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your instructions dont work. Tried this all day today. The milieage from my bike ride never apoeared on my dashboard. My phone had GPS connection. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

It's nice to see you around the Community @lal5656!  Smiley Very Happy Alright, since you have the Charge 2, why do you not use the spinning shortcut? I mean you say you're using bike instead. See this post to add your shortcuts (also the elliptical one). 

Check this thread where my friend @FerdinandFitbit shares information about shortcuts vs SmartTrack. 

Happy stepping!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to sync bike riding 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @SeafoamSmiley Very Happy In order to sync your biking, do the following to track the activity and then sync it:

1. On your tracker, press the button until you get to the Exercise screen.
  2. Tap to find the exercise of your choice, in this case "Bike".
  3. Press and hold the button to start the exercise. If you see a phone icon at the top, that exercise offers connected GPS and your device is connected to a GPS signal. If the phone icon has a line through it that means your tracker is not connected to your phone or your phone is not connected to a GPS signal. If the phone icon has an animated dashed line next to it, that means your device is trying to find a GPS signal.
    User-added image     User-added image     User-added image
  4. During your workout, tap your tracker to scroll through your real-time stats or check the time of day.
  5. To pause your workout, press the button. Then press the button again to resume the exercise.
  6. When you’re done with your workout, press and hold the button to stop recording. You’ll see a flag icon and a congratulatory message.
    User-added image
  7. Press the button to see a summary of your results. With each button press you’ll cycle to a different set of stats. You can view your exercise summary one time. 

To sync your data, do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Tap your tracker tile.
  3. Tap the arrows next to Sync Now.

PS: if you want to add your bike on your shortcuts, follow the steps I posted here.

Your bike activity should be now on your Fitbit app. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi,

How do I sync my charge 2 to the bike to give me real time MPH? I understand linking it to my phone will give me GPS capability but I am interested in the speedometer function.

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @NikCD! This can't be done at the moment my friend, I'd recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion Board if you haven't already. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review.

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Show walks/runs in KM/Miles per hour  feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your instructions dont work. Tried this all day today. The milieage from my bike ride never apoeared on my dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your instructions dont work. Tried this all day today. The milieage from my bike ride never apoeared on my dashboard. My phone had GPS connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the charge 2 and the data from Bike mode does not sync with the dashboard. When I scroll through the exercise my bike path is there along with the data, but it never makes it to the dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

instructions don't work. data never syncs over.

Best Answer
0 Votes