Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 issues with notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since last week my charge 2 is not showing me any notification (calls, text, 250 steps reminder, etc.). I have all notifications turned on. 

I restarted the device once but still no luck. 

Please find screenshots for my charge 2 notifications and my iPhone settings. 

IMG_6623.PNGIMG_6624.PNGIMG_6625.PNG

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Nirav Patel

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so I found the solution to my problem. It seems like you can turn off the notification by pressing the button on your tracker for few seconds and I might have pressed that button accidently while trying to attach the charging clip. 

I turned the notification on by pressing the button for 4 seconds on home screen while the tracker was disconnected from charging. And now I am receiving all the notifications as before. 

Fitbit should display some message in app or on tracker if the notification is off from tracker. No one can guess if someone has accidently turned it off from tracker. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

THe Charge 2 does have a DND setting, on the watch face hold the buttin in.

For me i find restarting the phone, after checjing that the fitbit app points to the right apps, always works.

Are you able to send a test message through the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer

Hello Rich_Laue, 

Thanks for your quick reply. But I couldn't get you when you say "Are you able to send a test message through the Fitbit app?" How to send test message through fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the fitbit app, on the notifacation screen, there's 3 dots in the top right. Tap these then tap send test notifacation 

Best Answer

Rich_Laue,

I don't have such three dots in my iPhone app. It seems like, it is just in android app. IMG_6623.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue approx 2 weeks ago. I have tried all the fixes that have been recommended that I could find but still no luck. Getting very frustrating!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so I found the solution to my problem. It seems like you can turn off the notification by pressing the button on your tracker for few seconds and I might have pressed that button accidently while trying to attach the charging clip. 

I turned the notification on by pressing the button for 4 seconds on home screen while the tracker was disconnected from charging. And now I am receiving all the notifications as before. 

Fitbit should display some message in app or on tracker if the notification is off from tracker. No one can guess if someone has accidently turned it off from tracker. 

Best Answer

Thanks so much for posting the solution to hold the button down!! That was my issue! When connecting it to charge it would change my notifications on/off. All the other posts just talked about changing notifications within the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! This fixed the problem for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for this information. The only time I've been experiencing difficulty receiving notifications is when my phone is on silent. Is there a way to still get the notification on my Charge 2 when my phone is set to silent? It would be very beneficial during the work day. Thank you!

Best Answer

I'm encountering this same issue with my iPhone 6s and now my iPhone. If my phone is silent/screen not awake, the notifications (texts/calls) do not alert my Fitbit Charge 2. I've tried everything I've read about so far and it will not notify me unless the screen is awake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have 3 family members that use a charge 2 and currently none of us are able to get notifications.  Very odd and feel like we have tried everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dawgs88 may I ask what phones your having problems with. 

Best Answer

Thank you! The lack of notifications has really been bugging me! You nailed it!

Best Answer
0 Votes