Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with logging exercises in 'shortcuts'

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help!

I have bought a fitbit charge 2 from a friend, but am really struggling with it and I think this is partly to do with the fact it still has some of my friends data on it but I feel I should be able to overcome this but seemingly not!

When I go into ‘exercises’ in the app it has 7 saved ones, including running, cycling and elliptical. However, when I press the button on the side of the band the only exercise it shows me is ‘run’ and when I did an elliptical (cross trainer) workout yesterday, the band did not pick this up. Am I doing something wrong, or does the screen on the band only have the capacity to show one of my 7 chosen exercises at a time, so I have to use the app?

I am normally good at working out this sort of thing, but I just can’t get my head round this so any advice is welcome!

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Amazing, that worked thanks so much!!!

Woman Very Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

From How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

• Charge 2
    1. On your device, press the button until you see the Exercise screen.
    2. Tap to find the exercise type.
    3. Press and hold the button to start the exercise. If the exercise uses GPS, you’ll see a phone icon in the top left corner as your phone tries to connect.

If your phone is running the Android 8 operating system, make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?
    4. During your workout, tap your tracker to scroll through real-time stats or see the time. Your progress toward your maximum heart rate is shown on an indicator next to the number of beats per minute.
    5. To pause your workout, press the button. Then press the button again to resume the exercise.
    6. To end the workout, press and hold the button. A flag icon and congratulatory message appear. 
    7. Press the button to see a summary of your results. Press the button again to cycle through your stats.
    8. Review your workout summary and exit the app. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this, but I don't appear to have an exercise screen? I tap the side button and get the following :

Bpm

Run

Stopwatch 

Relax

Alarm 

Notifications 

Then back to home screen?

Can't work out how to get exercise screen, as I have seen others refer to this as well? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me see if I remember this right since I no longer have my Charge 2.

There are sort of 2 different "menus", which I think go by different names which I forget.

One you go through by pressing side button repeatedly; the other one you go through by repeatedly tapping the screen.  Try tapping the screen a few times to get to exercise screen.  If that doesn't work, I will dig deeper, or someone else here will know.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Having looked again I think it's on the main menu where you tap the screen, but then there is no way to select that mode as if you press side button you go into the other menu?! Confused!!

Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lb3416x wrote:

Thank you for this, but I don't appear to have an exercise screen? I tap the side button and get the following :

Bpm

Run

Stopwatch 

Relax

Alarm 

Notifications 

Then back to home screen?

Can't work out how to get exercise screen, as I have seen others refer to this as well? 

"Run" is the exercise screen.  When you get to 'Run' from the side button, then  tap the screen to see the different exercise options.  Once you find the exercise type you want, press the side button to start.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing, that worked thanks so much!!!

Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes