Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal Lines on Fitbit Charge 3 display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had horizontal lines appear on my fitbit screen that have gotten worse. They started when I noticed my fitbit was having trouble syncing. I researched all the fixes and have reset my device and changed the clock face, but the lines have not gone away. My device is not even a year old yet. The lines are worse on some screens than others and make it hard to read my information. How can I fix my device or am I stuck having to purchase have a new one so soon already?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I had the same problem with my first Charge 3 and got it replaced on warranty.  I've had the replacement for about 6 months and already lost the first line on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBIt sent me a replacement Charge 3 in January and by February it was starting to get the same horizontal lines you described.  It is now worse.  Unfortunately, none of the chat suggestions have worked and they will not warranty this one that I have had for two months.  Mmm.  Makes me sad because I like the FitBit, but this is my 3rd one now.  Should I have to replace this often?

You would think if people keep having this problem that they could come up with something to fix it or at least admit that there is a problem. I am frustrated because I shouldn't have to buy a new FitBit every year or two.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

Hello @AtlasWalker@rebeccaee@redvet Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting. I'd like to let you know that for screen inconveniences, my best recommendation is to follow the tips and suggestions from this thread. If you've followed those tips, you can contact our Support Team for further assistance. Please note that you can contact them through the link provided in the thread above or click here to get connected. 

@redvet Thank you so much for your feedback. I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

On a side note, please take into consideration that our team ensures that our Fitbit trackers go through rigorous testing to ensure that they meet the high-quality standards expected. However, due to some factors that are beyond human control, materials that these trackers are made of also reaches its limitation. Same with other devices, it may encounter a manufacturing issue that we can only determine once the customer has experienced it.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes