Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I active auto pause on Charge 4?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. It seems that there is an autopause function on Fitbit Charge 4. However, it does not work for all the activities ? Can you please confirm ? I am mostly RUNNING and I cannot ctivate the AUTOPAUSE function. Thank you in advance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @garraga. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around.

As you may know, the Charge 4 has the auto-pause function to pause your exercise tracking automatically while you’re still. Your tracker will vibrate to indicate that activity tracking is paused and once you resume your activity, your tracker will vibrate again to let you know the exercise tracking restarted.

This function is currently available just for runs and to activate it, open the Exercise app on your Charge 4, tap Run > swipe down to find Auto-Pause, and tap to change the setting.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @garraga. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around.

As you may know, the Charge 4 has the auto-pause function to pause your exercise tracking automatically while you’re still. Your tracker will vibrate to indicate that activity tracking is paused and once you resume your activity, your tracker will vibrate again to let you know the exercise tracking restarted.

This function is currently available just for runs and to activate it, open the Exercise app on your Charge 4, tap Run > swipe down to find Auto-Pause, and tap to change the setting.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Excellent. Found it. Thank u
Best Answer

Hi @garraga I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome! I'm glad you found the auto-pause function on your Charge 4. In case you have some spare time, I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board. In there you can meet new people and share your stories, or even find great tips to reach your fitness goals.

Have a good day. 😎

Best Answer

Is pause available for Walks as well?
So yesterday I went for a 6 mile walk in the hills, but stopped every two miles for a half hour break.  I logged this as three separate walks but clicking END at each break.  I'd like to see them all joined into one long walk, but would the breaks mess up the pacing?  And if i pause will the charge 4 assume I've finished altogether at some point?

Best Answer

Hi @MarkG1234. Welcome on board.

Thanks for your questions. Currently the auto-pause function is available for Runs only. I understand how important it's to track your exercises and my best suggestion is to pause and resume your exercise at each break. Once you've ended your walk tracking, sync with the Fitbit app and you'll see a single exercise log with all your details. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi that worked as i went for a short walk around town and stopped for lunch .  But when i look at the GPS route, it has a straight line for about 5 minutes after i resumed the walk until it reconnected.   I am on GPS mode dynamic and GLONASS off.   and have iphone with probably battery save mode on. 

Do i need to change settings to get gps to work better?

Best Answer

Hi @MarkG1234. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for trying the suggestions posted above and for sharing the results. As you mentioned, it seems the GPS wasn't able to connect during those 5 minutes which explains why you're seeing that straight line. Given this situation, I'd recommend checking the conditions described in this help article under Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? to ensure the GPS connection. You can also try a different GPS setting, just take in mind that if the conditions aren't met, the same behavior might occur again.

See you around.

Best Answer

Hi! I have a Charge 4 and I had the auto pause feature working at one point, but I recently had to reset my watch and now auto pause is go e… I can’t find the option to activate it now. Thanks in advance for your help!

karen

Best Answer

Hi @KarenC723. It's nice to see you around.

Thanks for joining this thread and for your efforts while working on this. About your question, please try opening the Exercise app on your Charge 4, tap Run > swipe down to find Auto-Pause, and tap to change this setting. Please know the Auto-Pause function is available only for Run activities; however, we'll keep working to improve our trackers and their functions to make Fitbit more useful for you. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Yes! Thanks so much! I was going to the next screen. Ugh! It’s a greatly
needed run feature!

Thank you so much.
Best Answer

Hi @KarenC723. I hope you're doing well.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying this feature and thanks for trying the steps shared above. By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can meet more people, share your story and find great tips to live a healthy lifestyle.

Have an awesome day. 

Best Answer

Could you add the AutoPause feature for Bike please.

It's impractical, and potentially dangerous, to be fiddling with the app each time I am held up by traffic lights (which is a lot, unfortunately!).

Best Answer

Welcome, @_Stu. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your feedback about your Charge 4. I understand how helpful it'd be to have Auto Pause available for Bike when using the Exercise app and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Our team strives to improve our devices and features, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

With this in mind, I'd encourage you to support this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board  by voting for it. That way our development team can take it into consideration for new updates or product development. To learn more about this board, see our FAQs.

Best Answer
0 Votes