Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I adjust my Charge 3 brightness?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can barely read dial on Fitbit indoors, how do I brighten the dial?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hello and welcome to the forums @jose10 

From the Charge 3 user manual: Adjust settings Manage basic settings including brightness,heart-rate tracking,and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it.Swipe up to see the full list of settings.

See if that helps you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @jose10 and @Odyssey13 thanks for stopping by.

I was able to see here that our friend @Odyssey13 provided some instructions in order to adjust your tracker's brightness. Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as a solution. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I can find the settings on the Charge 3 to adjust brightness but they are all so dim that "auto" and "dim" are completely unreadable. My husband and I both have Charge 3s. Mine is bright enough to read, his can barely be seen even when in the dark, no matter which setting is chosen. There has to be another setting somewhere, unless it's a defective piece.

Best Answer

I was finding it hard to read my watch and read that I could adjust it by going to the brightness setting via the watch itself.

Therefore, I swiped across to the brightness setting. Clicked on brightness and since then my watch had gone completely blank. I know it’s still doing things as it vibrates but I can’t see the time at all now, or read anything to be able to get back to the brightness setting option.

How can I reset my settings when I can’t read anything?

Have discovered my watch had gone onto ‘dim’ setting, which I couldn’t see. My friend could and was able to get it back to normal, which is still very dim when using the watch outdoors!

This is a disappointing watch I’m starting to realise, as it doesn’t function well in daylight, which is usually when I’m wanting to use it. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My Fitbit 3 charge is useless when in daylight can’t see the screen it. Especially  annoying when exercising as you can’t see what you are doing. I have now told so many people not to buy one 

Best Answer

After a few emails back and forth to customer support, it was determined that the Charge 3 was defective. Customer support asked for a copy of the receipt and they sent a replacement Charge 3 right away. I was very satisfied by the quick resolution of the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t read my Fitbit outside at all. Most of the time I need to see it is outside where I am exercising - it really is hopeless. Brightness can only be changed to dim!!! Normal - great for in the dark and auto!!! Wtf.

is this something that outside users find. I take my sunglasses off but still can only just see the time. As for reading heart rate - no way and heart rate isn’t reflected in the app in my phone- I’ve had Fitbit for about 5 months- I’m ready to send it back.

Very disappointing I agree.

There doesn’t seem to be a solution. A different brand maybe.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra

Something  new about the brightness problem? I hav the same problem on my Charge 3. 

What is the recommended setting i bright daylight?

I think I have the latest version: 8.200001.63,5

Otherwise I'm happy about it.

Best Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you that did the trick.  I was going through settings in the app on my phone and computer, not directly on the fitbit

Best Answer

Hi WnukS

What did the trick, sorry but I dont understand what you did?

I still cant see the display i bright daylight. 😞

Kind Regards Per Lindberg

Best Answer

Hi @PerWalk  there are settings on your Charge 3 to make the display brighter.

Adjust settings
Manage basic settings including brightness, heart-rate tracking, and button
sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to
adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Cannot see to dim also will not swipe to find settings 

Best Answer

Same problem here 

Tried restarting but can’t read the display even in the dark

Best Answer

Does the new one work better?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointing.  So frustrating not being able to read the display.  I have tried all of the settings but no joy with any of them.

Best Answer

It sounds like good advice, but for me it's impossible to do since it's not bright enough to see the device face and read the settings. ugh!

Best Answer

EXACTLY!!  My issue, as well

Best Answer

How do you find the brightness settings on the fitbit 3? I can barely see the screen in a dark room. Can’t see it at all during the daytime. 

Best Answer
I find the fitbit is a waste of time as a watch. On the best settings
which is auto the hours show brighter than the minutes. Out of direct
sunlight one can make out the hours but the minutes...a strain to get a
glimpse. In the light neither. It's no use at all.
Best Answer