Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I brighten the Charge 4 clock face?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new charge 4 that replaces my old one. The clock Face ID dim and hard to see. My old one was super bright? How do I adjust this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the community, @Jimbolio.

I've moved your post to the Other Charge Trackers board so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for sharing this with me and to answer your question, you can adjust the brightness settings directly from your Charge 4. To do this, just open the Settings app and swipe up to check the full list of settings. Then look for Brightness and make your changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 4 has suddenly dimmed as well, and it’s so dim I can’t read the screen. I can’t find the settings to try to adjust the brightness. And I can’t find the correct area to factory reset it either. Is there another way to accomplish this when your screen is essentially black?

Best Answer

Hi there, @TrishaD74.

Thanks for your efforts, and I'm sorry that you're having this issue with your Charge 4's screen. To work on this together, I'd recommend restarting it using the charging cable with the steps described here. Once this is done, try changing the clock face and check if the screen starts working well afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all the steps. I have reset it on the charger. I have cleared the data and started fresh as a new user. I have played with the brightness settings in a pitch black room so I could just manage to see the screen. I have downloaded the latest updates. I have checked the sleep and do not disturb settings. I have drained the battery to nothing and reset it. Absolutely nothing works. 

The sheer number of charge 3 and charge 4 users posting this exact issue on the forums tells me it’s an update issue. My watch functions perfectly except you can’t read the screen. 7 day battery life still, tracks my steps. 

Please get them to investigate what they did during the updates that caused these issues. 

Best Answer

And I have changed the clock face as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @TrishaD74.

I'm sorry the issue persists, and thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your tracker with the steps posted above. I understand how you're feeling about this matter and because our possible steps were exhausted, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case on your behalf. Rest assured that I'll share all the steps that you've tried so you don't have to repeat them again. You'll receive an email with more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, my screen was always set to normal mode and I could see it no problem.  Now I can barely make it out.  I have tried changing the settings, I have rebooted it and I have done all the updates.  Is it possible a firmware went out that changed the brightness?  

Best Answer

100% agree with these comments.  I have the exact same issue .. please investigate

Best Answer

They refuse to admit there is an issue. Offered me a coupon for a discount on a new one. Claim no new firmware updates recently but the number of people having the same problem is too much to be coincidence and simultaneous failure for mechanical reasons. 

I won’t be buying another Fitbit or Google product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is they become SO dark you cant even get to the screen to adjust it. Now what?

---

Exactly. Thank you. It is super frustrating

---

Ridiculous 

I have to take my phone out of my handbag just to tell the time because I cant read my fitbit

Best Answer

Hi there, @TrishaD74@LarrySc12@LEEKSclaire and @edeirdred Welcome on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand where you're coming from about having this issue with your Charge 4 and I apologize for this inconvenience. Fitbit constantly works to improve our devices, and we appreciate the feedback that comes from our members as it helps us to make that happen.

@LarrySc12 and @TrishaD74 Because you already got in touch with our Support team, I'd recommend getting back with them if you have more questions about their resolution. They have access to your case details and I'm sure they'll help you with all your questions.

@LEEKSclaire and @edeirdred Because your posts didn't mention, have you tried troubleshooting your tracker? If not, please give a try to the steps suggested in my previous response and monitor its behavior afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues with this Fitbit and it’s very disappointing. I have done all these steps and contacted support and I get emails back warning me that this product can’t be covered by warranty (I wasn’t asking for that) and offering me  discounts on future purchases. I’ll be returning it to Amazon for a refund. 😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the setting on the Charge 4. I have tired to find it but I find it. I have already reset it, and the screen is still dark.

Why can't they put those setting on the app on the phone app? You cam use other setting on it.

Best Answer

Yes i had done all those steps

previously.  Sometimes it works for

a week or less and then goes dark again. It is a persistent problem. 

Best Answer

The last update is the problem. The "normal" is now dim and "dim" is unreadable. My non-updated Charge4 did not have this problem, which I was using until only a week ago before it was lost. The one I am using now did not have this problem, until I had to update it. Now it is completely useless anywhere besides a darkened room. A new update needs to be put out either restoring the only brightness levels or adding the option of "bright" to the existing options. Having a long-lasting battery doesn't matter if the device is unusable because you can't see the screen.

Pixidust, just in case you don't see response to Emsey75 do this tap once on the left side where the little button indent is, then swipe left four times, tap on the bottom half of the screen (this should put you into settings), then tap on the top half of the screen. Each top screen tap should cycle through the brightness settings. And that is how you navigate when the screen is too dark to read.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

I just tried this. No luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@Judale Thanks for joining this thread and getting in touch with our Support team prior to posting. As you may know, our team handles every case individually and if your tracker doesn't respond after exhausting all possible steps, they'll proceed to evaluate what can be done for you based on our Warranty Policy.

I understand where you're coming from and I apologize for this inconvenience. Fitbit continues working to improve our devices, and feedback like yours helps us to make that happen. 

@edeirdred Thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried, and the additional information. Given this situation, I've contacted our team so they can create a case on your behalf. They'll look into this and send you an email with more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

@Pixidust1970 and @jgc83 I'm sorry you're having this issue, and I appreciate your efforts to get your Charge 4 working again. While you've tried changing the brightness settings, may I know if you've tried the steps suggested in this thread? If not, please try restarting your watch with the charging cable and changing the clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reset it multiple times using my charging cable. That was the first thing I tried. I have ensured that both DND and sleep mode are off. I have literally tried every single clock face.  They are all far too dim to be readable in anything but very dim light. When I first started it, the screen was not this dim. It only became this dim after the update was complete. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @jgc83.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 4. I'm sorry the issue persists and because the possible steps were exhausted, I've requested a case on your behalf so that our Support team can provide you with the assistance you need. They'll contact you via email, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes