Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the Spotify message from Charge 4?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a message on my tracker to log into the Spotify, but I don’t have or want it. Can not clear message from screen. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Log into Spotify is the only screen on my watch; it took over my watch and I have zero apps on my watch, I never logged onto spotify, so apparently it's a **ahem** virus automatically installed on my Charge 4 without my consent. Cannot delete it as my Charge 4 shows NO APPS. This is the 2nd Fitbit destroyed by fitbit. I guess this one goes in the garbage can along with the charge 3 as that one has a blank black screen. Any ideas as to what to do other than the trash can? Thanks in advance

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @NWCajun and welcome to the forum! You should be able to remove the Spotify app, which should stop the messages. To do this:

• Open the Fitbit app on your phone
  • Tap Account -> Charge 4 -> My apps
  • Tap to to open the Spotify app, then scroll down and tap Remove.

Please let us know if that helps. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @NWCajun and @SunsetRunner, thanks for the input.

I was able to see here that our friend @SunsetRunner provided some instructions in order to fix this Spotify issue. Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as the best answer. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now, if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have the same message but do not have the Spotify app installed so how do I get rid of the notification please?

Best Answer

I have the same problem as Carole but do not have the Spotify app installed! Cannot remove message on Fitbit so cannot use it!!

Best Answer

Hello Carol!

I have the same problem with my New Charge 4! I actually signed into Spotify with hopes of getting rid of it but NOW it wants me to sign up for premium! This is really aggravating and I’m unable to use my Fitbit for something as simple as checking the time! 

Best Answer

Have you resolved your issue with this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue of spotify messsge on my charge 4 and the instructions to remove it has worked for me. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same notification "Log in to Spotify from the Fitbit Mobile app." I cannot clear the message through the app and the Charge4 message will not go away or allow me to see the time or my steps.  I still need help. There is nowhere in my Fitbit app that mentions Spotify. Please help me clear this message. 

Best Answer

Another update. I was able to clear the message. I clicked the Menu button, then "Charge 4", then "Apps", then clicked on Spotify in the list, and chose "Uninstall". 

This isn't much of a loss because Spotify only works on the Charge4 if you are paying for premium, which I am not. 

I was confused because Carol's original message said to click "Account" but she meant to say just press the menu button in the upper left in the app. 

Best Answer

Thank you SO much!  This has been happening to me for days... so frustrating!
You clearly state a simple fix... that works!  🙂  

It’s especially frustrating that when I searched for this issue in Fitbit Help, I got ZERO answers and had to turn to the community only to find it’s a common problem and should have been covered under Fitbit Help.  Thanks for doing their job for them, I really appreciate it! 👍😃

Best Answer

Finally! Thank you!

Best Answer

This is not the answer.  People need to like AlohaUser’s comment on 1/18/21 so the correct fix is listed first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you finally found app and uninstalled it

Best Answer
0 Votes

AlohaUser’s instructions were slightly misleading to me.  Immediately after I clicked on “Charge 4” that took me to a screen that apparently displays “Apps.”  I did not have to separately select an “Appt” option.  Otherwise the instructions worked.”

My question is “Shouldn’t Fitbit or Spotify be fined for holding customer’s hostage by not being allowed to enjoy the basic service of their watches until we agree to accept Spotify?  Or in this case, blundering upon AlohaUsers solution?  This issue was a very inconvenient and rude invasion of my private life!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh yes, THANK YOU AlohaUser for giving me the basic use of my Fitbit watch back!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Log into Spotify is the only screen on my watch; it took over my watch and I have zero apps on my watch, I never logged onto spotify, so apparently it's a **ahem** virus automatically installed on my Charge 4 without my consent. Cannot delete it as my Charge 4 shows NO APPS. This is the 2nd Fitbit destroyed by fitbit. I guess this one goes in the garbage can along with the charge 3 as that one has a blank black screen. Any ideas as to what to do other than the trash can? Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Exactly my point as well

Best Answer
0 Votes