Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restart Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So many problems with syncing and sleep tracking!  Spent hours on Christmas fiddling with this well-marketed bracelet, just like when I got my Ionic a year earlier. 

Many posts say to restart and wait for the smiley face `r=Smiley Surprised<:..  I see no smiley face at any point, neither on my charge 3 nor on my own face!  How do you actually restart this thing?  If it has been restarting all 100 times I've tried, it hasn't fixed a **ahem** thing.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Hey @Daveshar. You can do the following. Go to Fitbit app and change your time zone (Account/Advanced Settings/Time Zone) for one different from yours. Sync with Fitbit. Return your time zone to yours and sync again with Fitbit. Hope this helps. I had something alike and this corrects the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 screen is black, I have tried all the things that have been posted before for restarting and resetting.  I feel the vibrations but the screen stays black, nothing

Best Answer

I tried the 15 second route but got nowhere and the Fitbit charge goes immediately from 100% to 88%....it’s not completing the restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found an easier way, just go into your account on fitbit app on phone and go to set up device.  There you can say new fitbit and re-enter your fitbit info again. It will see it as a new fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

have the same issue, The screen is always black. The Fitbit will vibrate here and there but nothing on the screen.  restarting the device does not help

Best Answer
0 Votes

forgot to tag @MarreFitbit

My fitbit screen is black all the time as well, restarting does not work. I will get vibrations here and there but nothing on the screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have lines across the top of my Fitbit band display. I was advised to do a quick restart but nothing changed. I was then advised to do a 15 sec restart. The problem I have, as it’s plugged into the charger and I hold in the button, I get a smiley face and then nothing. It doesn’t switch off and I certainly don’t get it counting down. This is less than a year old and seems to be faulty already!

Best Answer

I just tried the 15 second method, but after holding down the button for 15 seconds, I got the progress bar and then it just stayed there.  Have tried this several times and I either get the stuck progress bar or nothing.  Also, sometimes the fitbit charge 3 vibrates for several seconds as I'm holding the button down, or nothing at all.

Also, my Fitbit ap no longer recognizes the Charge 3, and my iphone no longer sees it either.

The problem started occurring this morning.  I was wearing my Charge 3 while doing yoga and the button was probabaly getting pressed continuously while I bent my wrists.  But now I don't know how to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will not shut down and I tried everything I ve found on the website 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot even get a clock face or any other choices. This is my third Fitbit. Can’t sync with iOS recent updates.  If there was one person working there who can give step by step.  This is not options suggesting because they do not work.  A piece of **ahem**. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to talk to a Fitbit tech and I found out that my Fitbit had a flaw, they will talk you threw the testing and, if it’s like what happened with me they replaced the faceplate. They were really good about everything. Their number should be on your dashboard, hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The 15 second strategy is not working. Is there another strategy I could try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all the actions and still shows "sleep not tracked". Frustrating for sure. Is this a glitch in the Fitbit?

Best Answer
Most of the problem started after I used it when swimming. That was the primary reason my kids got this model. They helped me set it up and agreed that it was not good for swimming. I returned the defective one and now starting to set up the new one. Thank you for your reply. Fran

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar problem with mine. At first it was easy to set up. The problem with mine began when I went swimming. I couldn't restart and it wouldn't pair with my Bluetooth and no smile.  I haven't been in the pool since I got a new one and everything seems work but I haven't worn the new one in the pool. Anyone have problems when it got wet?  It is supposed to be water resistant up to 50 feet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 7 days of trying to pair my Charge 3 with my iPhone 7 I’m almost out of ideas. I read all the ideas, troubleshooting and I’m on page 10 of user manual. I received my Fitbit as a birthday gift. Never had any other. At least after all the reading I know it’s not me, which makes me feel somewhat better. But, what am I to do when my 81 yr old brother wants to compare health stats?? That’s why he gave it to me for my 71st Bday. Laugh if you want but we both expect to live to 100 That is, if my Fitbit doesn’t cause me too many fits. I have no other devices paired to my Bluetooth & if anyone else can give me any ideas or ask me if I did this or that, feel free, please. One time my phone said connected & never again & it doesn’t show up as a device on my Bluetooth. My Bluetooth does show its searching. My fit bit one time gave me a frown, one time gave me a smile. The rest of time when I press button it shows Fitbit logo and the www address for Fitbit setup. I’m beginning to think I have a bad/faulty Fitbit?? PLEASE HELP ME

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the tricks to restart & still my Fitbit charge 3 screen is black.

It is still functioning & syncing to my phone. 

Will it reset when the battery discharges completely?

Best Answer
0 Votes

cannot get my fitbit 3 to sync with my i phone 8.It was working perfectly and then just stopped in the last days . polease advise 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there another way to restart the Fitbit. Your way that you mention isn’t working for me. I can’t sync my stats on my phone. My Fitbit screen is blank and just vibrates when l press the button on the side. And I’ve done it when plugged into the cable. There has to be another way? Unless my watch is broken? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work - any other thoughts????????  About had it with the time it takes to recharge (or get it to recharge).  Tried chat earlier today - that was worthless.

Best Answer
0 Votes