Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup my replacement Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received a new replacement for my Fitbit 3. How do I set it up? I already have the Fitbit app.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You have to remove the old fitbit 3 from the app, then set the new one up like you did the old one.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

You have to remove the old fitbit 3 from the app, then set the new one up like you did the old one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @JPKBrawn3 and @vikvac49 thanks for the input.

I would like to know if you keep having issues pairing your replacement Charge 3? If so, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know how it goes. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I discovered that the Charge 3 can only be setup using the mobile app, according to the Fitbit app's setup screen (after 2 hours of trying on my computer and online, and searching the help sections of fitbit.com). Also, I needed to uninstall the app from my phone and reinstall it before it would work; otherwise bluetooth would not connect.

When I received the replacement in the mail, there were no instructions at all. I found that the strap is very easy to remove and connect to the new head. Would have been nice to include a few simple bullet points to reduce the frustration. Was about 10 minutes away from giving up and buying an Apple watch.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for letting us know that your tracker is now paired @DianneMR. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have set up the new fitbit replacement as I did the other, but the only thing that is different is that I am not getting messages on this new one like I did on the other. Is there something else I need to do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I remove the Fitbit one so that I can setup my new charge 3

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3 replacement and I can't connect.  All the setup links are useless.

I can sign into my account but that's about it. 

So do I need to uninstall on my Android and start fresh? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too bad Fitbit doesn't explain that on their setup link.  

Best Answer

How do I remove the old fit bit from my app to install my replacement fit bit charge 3? 

Best Answer

It's ridiculously hard to get correct instructions for replacing an old Fitbit Flex with a Fitbit Charge 3 in your Fitbit account.  It shouldn't be this hard!!

Best Answer

Am using a Fitbit 2 have been given a used fitbit3 how do I change over to the 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

new fitbit charge 3 not syncing. I already removed my charge 2. I need specific instructions. 

I don't have any original instructions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok this is what I did and it worked easily.

Go onto a PC and log in to your Fitbit account.  Click on the "watch" icon in the top right hand corner and remove the old device from your account.

Uninstall the Fitbit app from your mobile phone/device and reinstall the app.  When you start the app you can log in to your account and when you go to your profile, it gives the option to set up a new device.  The phone/app will then give you instructions to follow to set it up.  This involves connecting the new unit to your PC with the charging cable and locating the new unit via bluetooth and inputting a code shown on the new tracker to connect it to your account.  My Charge 3 then needed an update which took a little while to do....After the update, you should be able to set up all of your preferences via the app.

These instructions should also work if you need to change from a Charge 2 to 3, or any Fitbit device.

Best Answer

After unsuccessfully following most of the comments and/or answers for addressing a Charge 3 not syncing with the Fitbit app, this worked for me.

Instead of trying to sync your Charge 3 to your mobile phone Fitbit app, try searching and pairing this device with the mobile phone's settings. Go to settings and click on "connected devices bluetooth." Then click on the found device Charge 3 to be paired and synced. A four digit number will occur on your fitbit. Type this number on your phone screen when prompted. Sync was accomplished.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just remove the original charge 3 unit from the connected devices in phone settings. Then setup the replacement device as originally suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how can i set up and replace my charge 3 with a new charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow the instructions above....it should work but you can always ask specific questions if you are having problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, I uninstalled the app on my Android phone.  Turned off my phone and turned it back on.  Reinstalled the Fitbit app.  I am not sure this was necessary, but that was the advice I was reading on this community page.

When I signed in to the app on my phone, it still had the old Charge 3 on there.  So I went to my profile and found the listed devices that were attached.  There was a small trash can to the right of the title of my Charge 3.  I deleted that one.  Then selected, add a device.

It is going through the set up now.  You have to have your new Charge 3 on the charger while doing the setup.

This worked for me, I hope it works for you.

Best Answer