Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off "Quick View"?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can i disable the quick view. I don't like that the face lights up very time i move my wrist.  when i had my charge 2 i was able to set it so the the face would only light up when i hit the side button.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@tweety256 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry about how to turn off the "Quick View" on your Charge 3, please press the side button for 2 seconds and once the tracker vibrates, you will see 2 options: "Screen Wake" and "Notifications". Please tap the "Screen Wake" option in order to turn off the "Quick View" feature.

Thank you so much for your help @SunsetRunner!

I'll be around if you have any questions! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

You can also turn this “quick view” feature off for the Charge 3, @tweety256 . From the Fitbit app on your phone, tap Account —> Charge 3 —> Quick view. You can toggle it on/off from there. 

Best Answer

I am not seeing the quick view option to toggle on and off.below is a screenshot of the only options i have

Capture+_2019-04-26-19-50-52.png

Best Answer

@tweety256 - I’m sorry my instructions did not help. Which phone do you have? Hopefully another Charge 3 user will step in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an android. but i have also tried to find the quick view toggle on my app on my amazon fire tablet and with my account on the website. non of these options show the quick view toggle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tweety256 - My grandson has a charge 3. I’ll be seeing him this evening. Between the two of us, we’ll figure it out for you! 

Best Answer

@tweety256 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry about how to turn off the "Quick View" on your Charge 3, please press the side button for 2 seconds and once the tracker vibrates, you will see 2 options: "Screen Wake" and "Notifications". Please tap the "Screen Wake" option in order to turn off the "Quick View" feature.

Thank you so much for your help @SunsetRunner!

I'll be around if you have any questions! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

thank you @JuanJoFitbit  that worked perfect. do you know how i can customize my display like you could with the charge 2. i don't like the stairs count to show the watch. i find the stair count is never correct. when i had my charge 2 i would only have only have steps, heart rate and distance as an option to show on the watch. i would see the other item when i opened the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!  I'm troubleshooting why my Charge 3 all of a sudden in last 3 days won't hold charge more than just about 24 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m afraid I cannot find an answer on customizing the screen on the charge 3. But @MC15 , you should try restarting your device. To do so:

• Attach your charge 3 to the charger
  • While attached, press and hold the side button until the Fitbit logo appears and you feel a vibration. 
  • Try going thru this process 2 or 3 times. 

That should snap it back to normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked yesterday but today my fitbit face went dark but with only lighted pixels down the middle of the screen.  Tried again plugging in to charger, holding button side down, got it to vibrate, unplugged it and then plugged back in again when it wouldn't show.  Now it's totally dark again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This same thing is happening to me. It's vibrating, has green lights, and is vibrating in response to clock face changes from my app, but absolutely no display. App says it's 33% charged.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still cannot get any response.  I think I'm going to have to make time to call them and sit waiting till I get someone on the phone.  That's what happened to me last year when I had other problems with my Charge 3.  When they finally realized I tried everything they sent me another one.  

Best Answer

I have a Charge three and her screen shot looks like I mine.  There is no Quick View showing.  I’ve looked everywhere on the app and it’s not to be found. 

Best Answer

I have a charge 2, and recently the quickview disappeared from my phone ap. When I called fitbit help line I was told that this was deliberate, part of the latest update. I don't like the light coming on at night, and I don't like having to push the button on my tracker whenever I want to know the time or the steps.

The help person did figure out that the quick view can be turned on and off on the website -- login on the computer (not the phone), click the settings icon on the upper right, the quckview icon is there. I can turn it on and off from my computer. Not as convenient as doing it on my phone, but doable.

I'm very disappointed in fitbit that they removed this option from my phone ap. I hope it returns with the next update. PLEASE!

Best Answer

addedum: last evening when I was turning off my phone, the quick view option again appeared on my phone. I turned quick view off.

This morning the quick view does not appear on either my phone or my computer. I am again talking to to the help desk.

>> The step I missed was "click on charge 2" after clicking on settings (the gear icon).

Must be on the dashboard, and not in community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

addedum #2: after you do the settings/charge2/quick view on the dashboard, you must go back to your phone and do a sync.

so it is a two device process in the morning, and a one device process in the evening. I hope this changes so I can do both processes on my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I learned (when I was talking to help people about my quickview/charge2 problem) that quick view can be changed on the tracker.

Hold down the button on the right for 3-5 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes