Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop the silent alarm?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It goes off at the right time but always goes into snooze and then periodically keeps going off. Please help xx

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner, from the Charge 3 Manual:

Dismiss or snooze an alarm
When your silent alarm goes off, the tracker flashes and vibrates. To dismiss the
alarm, press the button. To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, tap the ZZZ icon. Tap
snooze as many times as you like. Charge 3 automatically goes into snooze mode if
you ignore the alarm for more than 1 minute.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Tapping the screen just snoozes the alarm. You should press the button on the left side to turn it off.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, from the Charge 3 Manual:

Dismiss or snooze an alarm
When your silent alarm goes off, the tracker flashes and vibrates. To dismiss the
alarm, press the button. To snooze the alarm for 9 minutes, tap the ZZZ icon. Tap
snooze as many times as you like. Charge 3 automatically goes into snooze mode if
you ignore the alarm for more than 1 minute.

Best Answer

Thank you at 0545 when it goes off I was fumbling around for ages to get it to stop xx

Best Answer
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PhoreignXchangeThanks for sharing to that feature suggestion.

For anything else our users would like to see implemented in the future, please consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah well it's not my idea and it's already got 484 votes.

How many needed for action? I mean I understand you've got a button on the side but:

a) I am sure many more people have a question about how to acknowledge (and turn off the alarm) than have voted for Brian's suggestion

b) The little quacking duck is a waste of programming effort.

c) UX suggests that the screen IS the interface not an invisible button on the side.

Best Answer

Hi there @PhoreignXchange, thanks for coming back! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. 

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

In regards to your question, you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Ping me out if you have further questions, I'm always around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you guys just FIX the issue!!  It is really annoying to trying to stop the silent alarm as you user guide says it will but I doesn’t work! It keeps alarming at least once 9 minutes later!

Best Answer

This is not a solution. Despite trying to press the side button, getting in at least 75 steps (I read somewhere that activity dismisses the silent alarm) there is no simple and effective way to dismiss the alarm. When I had the quaint little Flex Fitbit the silent alarms worked like a dream, to where I would several alarms throughout the day. Not so with the Charge 3! I have given up and deleted my silent alarms. If there hasnt been a great program solution to date, that's really too bad. Why not just program a "dismiss" button along with the snooze button? Pleeeeease fix.

Best Answer

It would be very useful if this information was on the in-App help, not just in the manual.

One of my issues with having to push the button on the side is that often when I wake up, my right hand is asleep. Trying to feel for and squeeze the button is just about impossible.

Tapping an on-screen button would be much easier for me.

Best Answer