Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does my Charge 3 detects that I am awake?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear, I have a question regarding how long the smartwatch takes to detect that I am already awake, I have read answers about the morning movement shows that I am already awake, but how much time approximately must pass to confirm that in fact with my movements I am awake . Take for example, I wake up and I move for a while (how much time?) And then I take off the bracelet (clearly it stops detecting movement), Would the smartwatch have already detected that I am actually awake or would it consider that I am asleep again because it stopped detecting movement. I have seen on several times that it has considered a false sleep period of time just because I took off the bracelet.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/label 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @iomiraparedes. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I'd like to let you know that when your body is completely at rest and you haven’t moved for about an hour, your Fitbit device records that you’re asleep. Take into consideration that if you take off your Fitbit device, it is possible that it will detect that you're asleep since it won't detect any movement. 

On a side note, you can set your Fitbit device to track sleep in a normal or sensitive mode. In normal mode, when you make significant movements, your device records time spent awake. (As mentioned above, your device will detect that you're asleep when you haven't moved for about an hour) The normal setting is appropriate for most users. In sensitive mode, your device records nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful if you wake up feeling tired even though your sleep history shows sufficient rest.

For more information, I recommend visiting the following link: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes