Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Fitbit Pay on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven’t got the option to have Fitbit pay (wallet app) how do I get it

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

Do what it says! 

Tap the screen!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do what it says!
Tap the screen!
Best Answer
0 Votes
What it doesn't say anywhere (clearly) and which I just figured out, is
that you need to set up a PIN and unlock the device before you get a prompt
about payments.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I held the button for two seconds and I got the picture of a lock and it said tap to unlock. Then 3 numbers appeared I tapped the fitbit face again and a circle with an X appeared. Am I doing something wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe they are not expanding to AMEX until it is safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sandovalmp It's asking you for the 4 digit pin which you setup earlier

If you check your Fitbit app and go to the Charge 3 settings (top right watch icon), scroll down until you see Device Lock. Here you can change your PIN code if you have forgotten it.

There is also a "Wallet" icon where you can add your Credit/Debit card(s).

Once that's all done and Sync'd, you hold down the button on your tracker for 2 seconds (like you have done) and then it says "Tap to Unlock".

The 3 digits you see, can be scrolled up/down for the entire number range.

This is where you enter your 4 digit PIN which you setup (as per above paragraph)

The 4 **** on the right side tells you how many digits you've entered so far, so if you make a mistake, just fill the * up (this is where you got the X with a circle as you mentioned).

If you entered the PIN correctly, you will get a tick with a circle and the credit/debit card you entered in to the app will now be showing. Now you can hold your tracker to a card reader to make payments.

I believe you need to hold the button and have the appropriate card showing to make payments, every time.

If you take your watch off, you will need to re-enter the PIN as a security measure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t got the special edition but my app tells me about paying? Why would it give this information if it doesn’t include it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The pay option only come with the Special Edition charge 3. Only Fitbit can tell why they mislead customers with the regular charge 3 and that it is capable with the payment option

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sandovalmp @Lsweeney Not entirely true.

It also depends on where you've bought the product. My Charge 3 box doesn't say Special Edition anywhere on the box or the barcode etc but on the back it does mention Fitbit Pay.

In Australia, I think all Charge 3 in our stores are Fitbit Pay compatible.

I did a google search to see what a Special Edition box looks like and it's clear it says "Special Edition" whereas my box says "Advanced Fitness Tracker" and I've used Fitbit Pay with it. 

https://www.fitbit.com/au/charge3

When you look at the link especially under Design & Specs, special edition only mentions an extra strap.

Summary: Check the box and if the features on the back mentions "On-wrist payments with Fitbit Pay", then you have it. It depends on region/country.

Charge3_FitbitPay.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in the Netherlands I have special Edition Charge 3 to pay worked only Once after that It didn't work anymore i am disapointed about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would contact Fitbit support staff. I found there support staff to be top notch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Yes i am going to contact them.
Regards Monique

Outlook voor Android downloaden
Best Answer
0 Votes

<deleted>

Best Answer
0 Votes

Press the button on the side of your fitbit for about 2-3 seconds. If you don’t see a pad lock icon you don’t have the Special Edition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's if you have the wallet already setup (with PIN).

If you have not set it up yet (like mine), hold the button for 2-3 secs and swipe right.

There should be a payments screen which explains to add a card in the wallet section of the Fitbit mobile app.

If you don't have that, then I'm pretty sure it's not the Fitbit Pay edition.

Further information can be found in my signature.

@mnq Can you explain how it doesn't work anymore? When I first used Fitbit Pay I found it a bit cumbersome. Everytime you take the tracker off the wrist, you need to re-enter the PIN to enable Fitbit Pay (security to ensure someone doesn't take off with your watch and use it for themselves). I used to forget this after a gym session and it wouldn't activate the pay function because I forgot to go back to the pay screen and enter the PIN. 

FYI

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have pay set up on my charge 3 special addition but can't for the life of me get it to come up on the device. You say press and hold the button for 3 seconds??? I have pressed this thing all over but the only thing that comes up is screen wake and notification.. help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to see a lock after holding the button for 3 seconds if you don’t see the lock you might not have the Charge 3 special edition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this still the case? Everything I'm reading in Australia says fitbit pay only available on special edition. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct Fitbit pay is only on the special edition

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply Michael. I bought the charge 3 standard version and can confirm it also has fitpay in Australia. 

Best Answer
0 Votes