Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to claim warranty in Australia?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Surpring i need to post here to get information.
My fitbit stooped working and charging.
Bought 3 months ago.
Who do i call to get warranty process stated. I am in Australia
Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

There's no telephone support in Australia but if you don't want to call the US number then you can email them or use web chat (NB the web chat option will only show if someone is available). The details are here:

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I got reply from fitbit australia to contact fitbit with same link as you provided. I sent them question. Now it has been over 48 hours and still no response. Surely for company this bit, 24 hours is reasonable time. All i want to know is how to start warranty process and i have faulty piece.

Really got no where so far.

Experiencing extremely poor or shall i say non responsive support. This should be 101 on how to deal with faulty pieces.

What shall i do now? Contact australian fair trading to help deal with this? Surely company should not be allowed to sell products in australia if they dont provide warranty or any support?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The contact page is currently showing a target response time of 2 days so they're only just overdue.

I wouldn't chase them via email as a new email can put you to the back of the queue. If you cannot wait then using Web chat would be your best bet. This will only show on the contact page when someone is available so try during US west coast office hours.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks steve.
Are you part of fitbit support team?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I'm just a user like you although I am a volunteer on the Community Council (click the CC in my signature for more info)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting.
Well if you can take feedback to fitbit couple of points:
A. Their support is not existant. You who is not even part of fitbit team is 1000 times better. Unfortunately, you cant help much understandably.

B. To know how to claim warranty should be listed on their site. I shouldnt have to chase for 2-3 days and post messages on forum. This is crazy. I am genuinely never buying any fitbit products in future and tell me friends not to do the same.

Out of 1000 of things i have bought. This is worst experience so far. Its crazy how much ti e and effort i have spent already. Im afraid to see what will the actual process be like.

Best Answer
I'll pass it on. Sorry your experience with fitbit so far has been poor.
Best Answer

@goblin2233 you can also take your fitbit back to the Australian shop you purchased from with your receipt, I have done this with my Charge HR several times and ended up upgrading to the surge. I purchased mine through Harvey Norman and they have been great.

Best Answer

I also am searching for warranty details due to my FitBit charge HR dying.  The information is non existent on the web site.  The chat session doesn't work.  I don't have twitter, so all I have left is email, and I expect to just get some default reply saying to go to the help site or something.  Its scandalous that there is no valid information online for this.I would have liked to update to a Blaze eventually but looking at the support model i think I will give it a miss.

Best Answer
I am in Australia and I did the live chat and got a replacement. I did need
to have a photo of my receipt to upload to fitbit support. I did the live
chat early in the morning 7.00 am Vic time. If you have your receipt take
it back to where you purchased it they will replace or refund.
Best Answer

Thanks Redmoonstar.. I will give an early morning chat session a try.  As for taking it back where I bought it.. I bought it at Dick Smith 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know. Warranty is ridiculous. I tried for days and nothing happen. Extremely poor for australian standard. Never buying or recommending the product.

In my case, i got reply after 3 days. Their email solution worked where i had to hold button for 10 s3conds. That restarts device.

I bought mine from dicksmith as well.

Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around the forums @goblin2233 @SunsetRunner! Thank you for your help on this @Redmoonstar and @SteveH,  you guys are the best. Smiley Wink

At this time, I have left notes in your support cases; so I expect you guys will be getting a response soon. Keep me posted!

@goblin2233 Please accept my most sincere apologies for this situation, I'll make sure to pass this along and make sure that these problems are handled in a timely manner. 

Let me know if you have any questions, take care! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Surge has recently lost battery charge within 6 hours and continnues to do so. I bought it in Novembeer 2015 from Dick Smith Electronics Australia. However as that group oof stores has ceased to operate I cannot return it to the retailer. How do I go about seeking manufacturer's warranty service or replacement? I can find nothing on the website and although there is a thread on community about a simailar matter, that thread ends without the answer.

How do I claim manufacturer's warranty service or replacement? Who do I contact? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread ends without a clear answer on how to claim producer's warranty. See my subsequent post. The aploogy issued on 16 March has not yet caused any website change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey so I fixed it by trawling through the support site and fiddling. This stopped a warranty claim and worked. I get it. I learned.No replies necessary now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact fitbit support, try the live chat but early in the morning
Australian time. I had an issue and had success with live chat. They will
want a photo of your receipt so maybe take one before you start the chat.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the information provided @Warrantyseeker and your assistance on this case @Redmoonstar!

I'm very glad to hear you are now back on track, let me know if you have any questions Smiley Happy

PS: Have you checked our Discussion boards? They are full of fellow fitbitters like you Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Does anyone know how to find the Live Chat thing? When I go to www.fitbit.com , my dashboard comes up, I've never seen/don't see any chat, tried the big button "Store" but that takes me to Ingram micro Australia. I sent an email(3 days ago) to service@store-au.fitbit.com asking how I go about warranty in Australia but haven't heard back yet.

I'd claim at store my daughter bought it from(just before Christmas2015) but store is in receivership, so no joy there.

There should be clear, easily visible and simple warranty claim information on the site, sites,  somewhere instead all this chasing around in forums.

My fitbit completely carked it on 10th April, absolutely cannot charge, reboot or anything and have tried all suggestions. The band is also seperating badly from the electronics block on the back side of the band. Yes I put a volt meter on the charge cable pins and 5 volts is there.

In Australia, is a new one sent from Australia or USA, some Aussie successful claimant please, and if Australia was it from Ingram micro? Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes