Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to claim warranty in Australia?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Surpring i need to post here to get information.
My fitbit stooped working and charging.
Bought 3 months ago.
Who do i call to get warranty process stated. I am in Australia
Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37
I think there is a contact us on the fitbit.com site but will try and copy
the link for live chat tonight and post it here at work at the moment so
can't access it at the moment.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Web chat option will show on contact.fitbit.com - but only when someone is available.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryB_au wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know how to find the Live Chat thing? When I go to www.fitbit.com , my dashboard comes up, I've never seen/don't see any chat, tried the big button "Store" but that takes me to Ingram micro Australia. I sent an email(3 days ago) to service@store-au.fitbit.com asking how I go about warranty in Australia but haven't heard back yet.

I'd claim at store my daughter bought it from(just before Christmas2015) but store is in receivership, so no joy there.

There should be clear, easily visible and simple warranty claim information on the site, sites,  somewhere instead all this chasing around in forums.

My fitbit completely carked it on 10th April, absolutely cannot charge, reboot or anything and have tried all suggestions. The band is also seperating badly from the electronics block on the back side of the band. Yes I put a volt meter on the charge cable pins and 5 volts is there.

In Australia, is a new one sent from Australia or USA, some Aussie successful claimant please, and if Australia was it from Ingram micro? Cheers.

How about the "Help" link at the bottom of the www.fitbit.com Dashboard page?? Then click on the Contact Support button..... Then click on the LIVE CHAT button (which only shows up when someone is available to help)....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks SteveH,

I tried www.support.fitbit.com but that results in "server not found" this is at Australian Eastern 6:35am Thursday 21Apr which is Wednesday 1:35 pm Los Angeles.

http://support.fitbit.com does work., Then it's "contact support"  then new page comes up with selections with "Live Chat"

I've just put this up in case for others.

I'm still cranky that my email to Service@store-au.fitbit.com hasn't been answered, especially so as Imgram micro appears to be fitbit representatives in Australia. This seems right as when I press "STORE"  button on my dashboard it goes here https://www.fitbit.com/au/store

I will send them another email, give them a gentle blast see what happens, whether they handle any fitbit claims in Australia or not they should have replied to my email request for warranty claim info.

Thanks again for your help and time you spend on helping.

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry about my dodgy URL and thanks for posting the correct one.

I'd be wary of chasing up via email as this can put you back down their queue. It might be better to chase via Web chat
Best Answer
0 Votes

what are the us west cosat office hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

First off, thanks to SteveH and mbramble for their help back in April.

I did receive at the time an email reply from the Australian agent/distributor and they told me to make claim through USA side. I only recently got around to actually doing it 😞

On June 15thJune2016 in the early morning here I got onto the chat line at about 3PM their time, I had my pics ready. I only had to upload the pic of the damage where the band was breaking away from the electronics module, he didn't ask  for pic of purchase invoice. I told him my unit wouldn't start, boot, or anything no matter what, and that I tried using all the methods. My claim was approved and I was advised the new fitbit ChargeHR would arrive within 6 to 10 days. I received it on 22ndJune from the Australian agent.

I did the online set up procedure and clicked "new device" on established account, so now I'm in my established account(dashboard) and continuing with old records intact 🙂

I wish I hadn't been so tardy on actually doing my claim 🙂 Just to note, I normally would have claimed from the store here where purchased but they had gone into receivership, so no possibility of joy there 😞

Anyway, thanks again and best wishes to all,

Terry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Surge which was a Christmas present.  Has some moisture.

Did the chat thing, all resolved in 15 minutes of chat, new Surge being sent out from offshore, should arrive in 7-10 days.  Old one should be recycled by me they said.

Great service, agent was able to lookup my registration and see how old the surge was.  

If I have to pay customs duty they will refund it.

Very good service from Fitbit.

As much as I like calling people the chat is good, I have the record for my files and it is all written down, I don't have to keep my notes of the phone call anywhere.

Well done Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hope you are sorted now. I found that there is no need to go to Fitbit at all inside the 12 mth warranty period and some stores even offer unextended warranty.

Ingram Micro the agent in Australia directed me to return it to the store of purchase for refund or exchange. As long as you possess either the original receipt or digital copy from store and you can demonstrate the fault in your item, then the store (which is obligated under Australian Warranty Law) will rectify it for you.

Target accepted mine and the refund completed within 5 mins of hassle free transaction.( most of which was waiting for a higher authorisation as the refund was over $100.)

My problem was that one side of my Charge 2 (HR) band's clips kept automatically popping off whenever any pressure was exerted on the watch face for e.g. if i crossed my arms. I continued to use it for 3-4 mths before it was returned, as the problem increased its frequency and it was in danger of being lost altogether and so totally unfit for the purpose.

I think the problem for most Australians is in accessing the US website and contacts, when Ingram Micro is the Australian agent. (and that there is no info to know this beforehand.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting comment about returning to store of purchase in Australia, online service operator told me that was not the way they process a warranty claim!  However, I have had no joy getting even my Fitbit registration recognised by the manufacturer......and I can't find my receipt from JB Hi-Fi, though I do have the purchase on my Visa statement so getting any help has so far been unsucessful.  It is just over 6 mths old not used much and the thing will NOT charge.....even after running through the usual 'checklist' remedies. I want to post the thing, original packaging and all, back to Fitbit.

Perhaps I should ask JB Hi-Fi about this?? Might get better customer service than Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic failed (died) so I first used the Twitter method and with no success used the online chat from the website (started at about 10am this AM). Got a response straight away (from "Chris") who went through all the steps to resuscitate my Ionic, but to no avail, even a factory reset. So he authorised a replacement that I ordered via an emailed form in the logged-in part of the Fitbit site and my new Ionic is on its way via mail. You'll note my optimism that it will arrive 🙂

Ionic was bought in April 2018 from duty free store in Syd International airport, so no chance for me to return there.

Online chat guy(?) Chris was excellent. After reading the woeful stories in this community, I was delighted with the service. Even more so when the device turns up in "5-7 days".

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 bought in Feb 2019 through Amazon Australia is showing a corrupted screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit Charge 3 in August 2019. last week the display stopped working although the device is still syncing. I bought it on Amazon and their warranty for refunds is overdue so they will not help. How can I get help as I live in Perth W.Australia? Can I have it fixed or replaced as it is only five months old?

Thank you

Ron

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, I’ve had 2 ionics replaced under warranty now. Have to spend a bit of time with online chat and/or phone calls. But the replacement has always turned up quickly.

Good luck.

David
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes just mail to them they have an amazing team
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit. Their online service was pretty good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Send ur invoice and warranty on mail
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do a live chat it will be quicker.
Best Answer
0 Votes