Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix your band that won't stay attached?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, my Charge 3 band broke and I purchased a new band.  To my chagrin, when I removed the old band the one of the band release tabs stuck in and did not spring back out.  Unfortunately, the new band would not stay attached.

There seems to be two issues when discussing bands.  1) the band breaks 2) the band will not stay attached.

Either issue can be solved if you are still under warranty by getting either a replacement band or a replacement unit.  Note:  If your band will not stay attached a new band WILL NOT fix this.  It appears fitbit is more than willing to send you a new band in either case.  But a new band will not fix a band that will not stay attached.

FIX:  I removed my new band and found that the unit was very dirty and gummed up with who knows what.  I took a can of WD-40 and sprayed both ends, where the band attaches, with as much pressure as I could.  I used a small brush and a very small flat blade screw drive to remove all the debris.  I let the WD-40 soak overnight and hit it again.  The spring action on the locking tabs returned and the band has stayed on ever since.

Give it a try.  The WD-40 did not do any harm and what do you have to loose.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Extremely awesome advice! Ahh WD40…who’d uh thunkit…not Eye. 

“Free Of Charge 3 Free bCuz Caz”

Appreciate this

quick fix

It

saved me bits of Fits,

and that ain’t just it,

won’t have ta’ take a hit n’

have

go n’ got’

another

mother lovin’ Fitbit.  
Aww Sh%+! 

-jL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Communtity, @Caz1592@josephxploseph. Thanks for sharing your advise to fix bands. 

This could help other users and already helped @josephxploseph.

Thank you for visiting our forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the issue is actually quite simple. 
As dirt builds up the clasping mechanism (black t-shaped piece) can get stuck half way into position. 
I just used a paper clip to clean out the gunk and the push the clasping mechanism into place (ie fully aligned with the base of the device). 

Then the band connected no problem. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sb1616. Thank you for the amazing advise you just shared with us. This will be useful for other users for sure.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions boards where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
Thanks! That worked. I used a thumb tack!
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know about the steps you followed in order to fix your band @josephxploseph

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer