Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

Asking about steps for a bike ride doesn't seem to be related to your previous post @PeteG-1, unless their is sometging we are unaware off. 

During a bike ride with the hands on the handlebar, tge handlebars bounce around with every bump these bounces are being tracked as steps. 

Yes I would also like the ability to refine them

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Yeah, I guess it's not 100% along the same lines, but close?

I was looking at the "using 2 device...accurate step count", and thinking that I'd just missed something.

It baffles me, why FB wants to count these as "steps", when it knows you're riding, or whatever other sport. 

My cheaper VA3 ignores all "steps" when I'm doing an activity, such as cycling, it just seems "so darn simple/obvious", once you have this functionality. 

It's a LOT more accurate than my Charge2 and "Ironic", in terms of HR, when riding (very close to a ECG HR belt).  The last device that was "similarly accurate" was my old Charge(1), whose battery just never seemed to last than 9months or so, despite a replacement...

I loved FB's various UI's, on all my devices, but the inaccuracy thing just killed it for me, either the "steps while riding", or the HR issues.  Perhaps someday FB will build a truly accurate device, again, and I'll re-join the FB family...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it is a case of Fitbit wants to @PeteG-1. more of a case of they did not think about it at first. 

Now we have a group that wants the steps removed and another group that wants them converted to steps ( I don't understand what this means), and a third group that is happy to put the Fitbit around the ankle. 

So which group should Fitbit please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can turn off Charge 2.  Connect to charging cable then hold button down. Fitbit logo and # will appear before shutting down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried on my Charge 2, nd logo showed up, but no # sign, and it did not turn off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So non stop Bluetooth and emf radiation. It's not waterproof so it's not designed to be worn 24/7. I too would like to turn off completely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That reboots the device. It does not shut it off.  Best way I've found to shut it off is don't wear it, place it in a drawer and let the battery drain. Done.

Best Answer
0 Votes