Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval Timer on Charge 3 doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my third post regarding this problem. After new firmware and several app updates the issue remains.  The changes in the interval timer does not save, regardless all not useful replies from the moderators who claim to follow the obvious instructions of changing the settings in the app or PC and synch the device. Please anyone that can give an actual solution to this problem? I am using Iphone 5S software version 12.2. 

PC_fitbit.PNGWhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 10.49.04.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 10.49.05.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bele_bel! I totally understand how are you feeling. Thanks for the images provided and for your time and efforts troubleshooting the issue about your Interval Timer not saving. 

Since you were able to change the intervals once, you have to delete the current interval workout and add a new one with the time you want.  

Go to exercise shortcuts and at the top right corner you should see edit, tap that and you'll see the red minus button appear next to each activity, click on that and it'll remove it. Go back and sync your device, then to set custom intervals:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout
  4. Set your intervals.
  5. Sync your device to save the changes.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Bele_bel! I totally understand how are you feeling. Thanks for the images provided and for your time and efforts troubleshooting the issue about your Interval Timer not saving. 

Since you were able to change the intervals once, you have to delete the current interval workout and add a new one with the time you want.  

Go to exercise shortcuts and at the top right corner you should see edit, tap that and you'll see the red minus button appear next to each activity, click on that and it'll remove it. Go back and sync your device, then to set custom intervals:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout
  4. Set your intervals.
  5. Sync your device to save the changes.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit thanks for your reply, it actually worked, however I believe it should be more intuitive, if I added Interval timer as part of my exercise shortcuts, I should be able to customise it without having to delete the exercise and add it again and do this procedure every time I need a new interval.  

Please consider this observation for improving the user's experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bele_bel! I'm glad to hear the steps provided worked for you. I appreciate your feedback towards the Interval Workout functionality, this has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this doesn’t work for me on Charge 3 I just purchased. I’ve followed instructions exactly and interval timer keeps resetting over and over to the 30-10sec standard. If it doesn’t work I’ll have to return this as it’s one of the main reasons I purchased a Fitbit.  

Best Answer

I’ve been following your instructions for the last 20 minutes and every time I sync it goes back to the original times. I remove the exercise, sync, add the exercise, change the times, press sync now, and my Fitbit still shows the original times, as does the app. 

I even tried checking to see if the times stayed in the app by changing the times and then go the previous screen and back in to set the times and they had already defaulted back. Incredibly frustrating. 

Best Answer

Are you changing the times on the web application or the phone app? Mine
only worked on the website.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, I am also having this same issue on my new Versa 2 Fitbit. I was about to change the times through the app last week on the interval work out but now it is refusing to sync to my watch  . I have tried the app and wedpage. I have tried deleting interval workouts and then re-adding. Nothing is working. It is key to my training program that I can adjust these interval timings. Can anyone help. Really frustrated. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This didn’t work for me

Best Answer

I’m having this problem and have tried what you suggested but it just stays at 30/30 when I now want to decrease my rest intervals to 45/15 

really inconvenient and it’s a new device. Not sure what else to do, I’m having to manually check the extra 15s which is such a distraction

Best Answer

I’ve done this multiple times and it still doesn’t work!!! Please fix this issue - it’s far more important than the recent upgrade that added the “agenda”!! This is why people buy fitness trackers - for everything else we have the phones!! Please fix interval timer glitch!!

Best Answer

Hi!

I was having this same issue and attempted this solution, but it didn't work. I deleted the interval timer workout, added a new one and attempted to change the timers on it, but they still didn't save. The weird part is that I also changed the order of the Exercise Shortcuts and the order saved; however, it is stuck on Move 20, Rest 10, no matter how many times I delete and try to reset it to Move 30, Rest 10.

Best Answer