Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Expectancy of Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 has died - battery will not hold a charge.  I started using it in March 2017 so it is now out of Warranty.  This is my second Fitbit product that completely died shortly after the warranty period was up.  What is the normal life expectancy of a Charge 2?  I used my all of the time, but I work in an office so it was very gently used.  While I really love the functionality and the Fitbit App, I'm very hesitant to spend more money (they offered 25% off a new one) on a new item that is likely to die shortly after the warranty period.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

You're one of the lucky ones. I used to wear mine morning, noon and night and everywhere. I was sooooooo attached to it. I have convinced many, many family members and friends to purchase one as we loved the weekly challenges. Mine didn't last the full 2 years, but I'm over it now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charger 3 face is huge pretty much goes from one side of your wrist to the other unless you have large wrists. I bought the charge 2 just for that reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is starting to have issues not counting steps and flights of stairs correctly. It just happened yesterday. It’s under the actual flights/steps. 

My fitbit is just over 2 years old. It’s had a crack down the middle of the face for many months, over the one year mark. The replacement wristband is worn, one falls off easily. 

I think my fitbit goes through some abuse because of my job.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear thaf. I loved (past tense) my Fitbit too. But it only loved me for a short time. The problems have only just began....and soon it will die altogether. After reading your post, I am charging it up now to see if it will come back alive. I'll let you know. In the meantime, call customer service and they'll walk you through some strategies to reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is a couple of months short of 3 years, the battery still lasts 7 days, screen hasnt scratched although ive had a saver on it, the strap is a 3rd party item , still have the original. 

Ive always charged my watch when ive had the 25% warning but ive known others who have charged almost daily and their batterys have failed.

I also have a 2 year old ionic, the battery seems fine, just the update has screwed up some of its functions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it is not a question of being advised how to ‘reset’ the Charge 3. I believe there is a problem with the battery of this model, if you are out of warranty then customer service are just not interested. In fact the term customer service I also believe is totally inappropriate for Fitbit. There are so many similar battery complaints but Fitbit also remove comments they don’t like....not because of inappropriate language or misinformation but because a valid concern has been raised. Imagine if Trip advisor did similar!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excuse me weegem....yes reset. It works for a while at the first onset of the problem. The advise was given because the person said the problem just started. It will eventually not hold the charge at all. They can at least get the 25% off coupon Fitbit customer service offers if they choose to buy a new one. I didn't use my coupon because it was not worth me getting another that would only probably work for two years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Em if there is no power being retained then ‘reset’ cannot be carried out. I am sure that is the advice you were given but it served no purpose at all and merely ignored the underlying problem. I certainly won’t buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm telling of my experience not yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes well aware of this but as you state in an earlier post you are aware that your Fitbit will ‘soon die’ so advice that you reset is not appropriate with a ‘deceased object’. I thought the purpose of these forums were to share experiences and I appreciate your contribution. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, my experience and I gave it even if it worked just a little while longer. What's your problem? JEEEEEZE!

-------------------------------

Btw, the poster didn't say it was dead...but that it was messing up. You're taking our post to heart and getting all bent out of shape. People are only giving their opinions not their expertise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t believe I have a problem thanks for asking. We are sharing our Fitbit experiences which are very similar from being very happy with the device but also both disappointed with the apparent poor battery life and therefore short usage. We also agree that even with the discount it wouldn’t be our preference to buy another Fitbit with perhaps similar short life. Have I misunderstood?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I said I wouldn't waste my money and buy another. But you were getting very upset about my experience and suggest as if it was personally given to you. It was merely a suggestion....take it or leave suggestion.

Best Answer

Sorry if my words/tone were misinterpreted. I was not / am not upset at your experience and fully empathise. Maybe I need to up my steps and chill.

Thank you for your exchanges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cool.....have a great New Year. Peace.

Best Answer

I am on my third one and can no longer recommend the faulty product. It just falls apart and I am not even a top athlete. The time isn't right the face cracks, the band just falls apart (all three) GARMIN is recommended by my triathlete friends.

------------------------------

GARMIN is considered the most reliable and have much better customer service than fitbit....I have had three charge @'s and ZERO work today. All had the defective band syndrom, all had the cracking of the face and then one wouldn't keep time, one went dead and the newest has all the problems, fool me thrice? Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s interesting. I am thinking about Garmin too and good hear about the customer service side too. Bad enough being let down by a product but to then have no support from customer service you feel your custom hasn’t been valued.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I personally will NEVER buy another. I LOVE everything about the Fitbit Charge 2 even the challenges that kept me motivated and moving. BUT the price and its longevity is not worth any of them, not even another brand. I now know about how many steps I do with different activities...zumba, jogging, and just walking around my work place. I missed it at first, but.....I'm alright now.

Best Answer

yes despite the problems of the charge 2 (my ancient Fitbit flex still works) I also miss it. Perhaps we can set up a support group?

Best Answer
0 Votes

and you’re right. When out at work or walking my dog I think I know how many steps I am doing despite my bare wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes