Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement to Activate Display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to increase the sensitivity of the Charge2 to wrist movement to insure the display activates consistently? I wear the device all day and also use it as a watch. There are many times when a natural movement of my wrist to see the time does not activate the display.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hmmmm... this is very strange @StanTheMan. I'd recommend restarting your tracker at leas 3 times in a row by doing these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know if this works! Welcome, BTW! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine doesn't show when I turn my wrist either. I just did the restart 3 times in a row and I still have to push the button to see it. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

@debidew, have you verified that you have Quick View enabled in your app Device settings?  If not, enable it, and resync the tracker. Then try turning on the display by turning your wrist towards you.

Best Answer

Thanks. I had the same problem and setting the quick view to on activated the screen when my wrist is moved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are welcome, @debidew!  I'm glad you got it going!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I restarted the device 4 times. Since this is an intermittent issue, it will take a day or two of normal wear to see if it's resolved. Question: why do I have to reset at least 3 times? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good point, but unfortunately quick view has always been enabled for me. Really seems like a sensitivity issue. Sometimes I need to forcefully "snap" my wrist to get the display to activate. Most times, works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StanTheMan wrote:

Question: why do I have to reset at least 3 times? 

You don't "have to", but many people have found that it clears out everything and makes sure the tracker gets a good clean start. One restart often does not do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks USAF-Larry. I hope it works, but as an engineer, needing to restart 3 times to insure the device really resets is a bit troubling... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know, @StanTheMan, I'm an electronics engineer, too.  But, have you ever worked with Windows?  Ctrl-Alt-Del is the answer....

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL. Amen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resetting the Charge 2 didn't help, but I think I figured out what the issue is. The screen is turned on with the Quick View feature. It seems that for this feature to work, the Charge 2 has to be in a certain starting position and then rotated. Correct operation seems to be sensitive to this expected starting position. It does NOT seem to be a sensitivity issue (requiring a hard wrist "snap" to activate). 

Some suggestions for Fitbit:

1. Provide users with the detail of how best to orient the Charge2 and then rotate to activate the screen.

2. Provide an "Always On" display option at a lower brightness to eliminate need for Quick View while not draining the battery too badly.

Best Answer

I love my Fitbit -just received a new band for the Alta but the display is not happening as it should, I googled help and it recorded some steps but still not displaying -the battery is fully charged

Best Answer
0 Votes