Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit charge 3 screen is getting dimmer.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So a while back I noticed my Fitbit charge 3 screen was a bit dim. I then checked the lighting setting and it was on normal; not auto or dim… normal. This has become an increasing problem as time has gone on, mainly around the edges but now it’s pretty much unseeable. It’s so dark I can barely see it in pitch black and my phone camera can’t detect it for me to take a picture. I have read through some other posts and have seen promises like ‘we’re working on fixing it in the next software update’ but have then I looked at the time posted here and they date back to August 2020. and the post said that made this promise to others 6 months before. I have tried restarting it, letting it run out of battery, everything I could think of. I’m in school and have alarms set on it so I remember to go to my music lessons outside of class and would love to have this fixed, however I’m not expecting anything because of what I said about 7-9 lines up from here. If not I’ll just have to get a different one in the near future. Even just a response from someone who works for Fitbit saying you can’t be solved would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Moderator edit: all-caps

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Lokeiz.

Thank you for the information provided.

Please make sure Do Not Disturb (DND) is turned off. For instructions on how to navigate your Fitbit Charge 3 please visit this article.

Whether you continue having the same problem, please restart your Tracker. In addition, you can perform a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have this issue but think I have now resolved it, as I had Sleep Mode switched on and after that found that the Do Not Disturb function was on. I have switched them both off.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @PaddyBoat.

I'm glad to hear that you've resolved the issue with the brightness of your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for letting us know how you did it.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried this and it didn’t do anything. Would fully resetting it or something help? If so if there a way to do it without using the Fitbit screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Either that or do you think the screen is just broken?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @Lokeiz.

In addition to the steps shared above you can change your Tracker's clock face.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once again did not work. I will try to connect using the link later today. Thanks for the support 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, @Lokeiz.

I'm pretty sure that Customer Support will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes