Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My charge 3 has a black screen.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has a black screen.

I tried:

- changing the clock face multiple times

- pressing the side button to restart it several times

- charging it to 100%

As it is completely black I can’t get to the settings feature on the watch to see the brightness.

It’s still recording data but not displaying it. 

Please help.🥺

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

I have tried all of the resets 8 &15 seconds  and nothing works. I have also tried changing the clock face and plugging it in to different outlets. Nothing works. If I’m in a completely dark room I can barely see the smile face and then it just goes black again. Support basically says sit and wait. This all happened after their update. If you’re out of warranty it’s just time to buy a new watch. 

Best Answer

Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community @VertiGal @Clenko11 @Mellimel71.

@VertiGal @Mellimel71, in this case I would recommend updating our Customer Support in the same case you created. They will let you know how to proceed.

@Clenko11, our team contacted you yesterday. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation. 

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been contacted by anyone. I contacted someone again today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nor me!

Dawn

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly think you are right!

Dawn

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems this is a very common issue. I've tried everything too. Sadly I should have done something about it a month ago when it was still under warranty. Second fitbit  I have had issues with. A couple dollars off a new device doesn't seem like a great resolution. Time to fix this issue  Fitbit!! 

Best Answer

I’ve emailed a message to iso-https://contact.fitbit.com...I’m hoping I might hear something back that way...maybe if I initiate the email, customer service will get back to me. 

Best Answer

“Ios-https://contact.fitbit.com” why it changed in my above message? I don’t know. Anyway..that’s who I contacted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I was offered a 35% discount off a new device... As if THEY'RE doing ME a favor. Their 35% discount puts pricing pretty much in line with the price I would pay at a retailer. Is that really all my business and loyalty is worth to them? They should be trying to win back my consumer confidence. Surely they're aware of how much competition they have out there. My feelings at this point are that I have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying another brand. I didn't expect my watch to work forever, but I did expect more than a year and a half out of it. That's what I would expect from the many $25 competitors available, so again - I have nothing to lose at this point by trying another brand. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer

And I realize I'm repeating myself from an earlier post, but this all happened following an update. It's just wrong. 

Best Answer

I don't know if you're familiar with wyze brand. I have a few of their security cameras as well as their app on my phone. All have worked well for me for over a year. Turns out they're in the smart/fit watch business as well. They have all the features but cost less than fitbit and use the same wyze app I already have. They also integrate with my Alexa app. Sold! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an issue where my screen is almost completely black I can not see but a small section (which does not include the brightness setting. I have tried the regular and long restart as well as changing the clock face = no luck, help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally received an email from customer service and was given the “sorry that your device is no longer under warranty but we can offer you a 35% discount on a new one and you must buy it in the next 30 days” message. That’s not much of a compensation given I had the Charge 3 for 15 months and it broke right after an update.  

If I’m going to be spending $$$$ on devices that break easily, I may as well consider switching brands. It can’t be worse.

Best Answer