Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So fitbit has been sending replacement charge3s for two years to me. This was nice but the product in no way was designed to work longer then three-months. The display always dies for some reason. The wife has an altahr same time frame no issues. Fitbit support has offered a charge4 to me for 35% off but I need input before I jump into the lions den again. Fitbit has been good for two years with replacements but they have now turned off that avenue. I know the differences on the charge 4 however if it is built on the same hardware and firmware then how do I know it just won't be another brick. I read the reviews on it and none say it dies like the charge3. The last charge3 sent to me was July and it was new according to tech support so confidence in this product is very low. So far I see mediocre reviews on the 4 but none I've seen state they brick as often as the 3. Don't know what to do.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Ludicrous, welcome to the Community Forums. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

Keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our team again or you can check our warranty policies (fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty) for a better understanding of the information that was provided to you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Ludicrous, welcome to the Community Forums. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

Keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our team again or you can check our warranty policies (fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty) for a better understanding of the information that was provided to you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes