Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit app design - How to change it to the old one?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my screen and icons  have  changed from green circle with a pair of steps  to a shoe inside a teal lozenge shape and all other icons  are teal

how do I change back to original view ....on my computer  pc its the original version  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

It has ruined the experience!

Previously I woke up to a "happy", colorful and visually appealing screen to start my day.  Now it's boring, drab, unappealing, and depressing.

Please change it back! (or at least give us the option to.)

Best Answer

Just putting it out there, I also very  much dislike the new app design.  Very much. 

Best Answer

I found the alarm page by accident. 

You need to pull down on main page . A gray bar will appear near top indicating syncing. Touch that gray bar and it will take you to alarm setting page. Hope this helps

Best Answer

I was given the option to choose to opt-in to the "new" layout a few months ago, but I chose to stick with the old layout for as long as possible. With the latest update to the Fitbit phone app, I was automatically switched to the new layout. I don't like it yet, but maybe I'll get used to it over time.

As for being able to switch back - don't count on it. They're probably actively deleting the parts of the software which made the old layout work.

From a software design perspective, it actually makes perfect sense to do that: If they chose to continue to support both layouts simultaneously, then they would have to divide their attention between maintaining both layouts independently. This would allow more complications in the software which automatically translates into more opportunities for bugs to crop up, and it would make it more difficult and time-consuming to integrate new features because more time would need to be spent making sure that adding the new feature in the preferred layout didn't inadvertently break something in the older layout.

As much as I don't like it as a user, as a software developer I understand the decision and support it.

Best Answer

Totally agree with this thread. The new design is super depressing and makes working out way less fun. It used to feel like a game and a challenge to fill all the green circles. Now it’s so blah. Huge disappointment! 

Best Answer
Thanks. That IS helpful, after several months of not finding the alarm on
the new app.

Hey Fitbit rep, do you have anything else to contribute to this
conversation?

Kent
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 wasnot syncing with the app, so I removed it from the app, and now I cannot find anywhere on the new app where it lets me add my fitbit😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too really do not like the new app look. Much more cumbersome please give the ability to go back to a view that made so much more sense and is easier to see your data 

Best Answer

You can set alarm on the watch, not the app. Hope that helps!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled Fitbit app and reinstalled. Old/original dashboard back !!! YAY. Fun and colourful again. Not blah and boring. I''m happy again.😆

Best Answer

Not true. I DID go back. Uninstall and reinstall.

Best Answer

I just checked my playstore and because I'm still using an android 5 phone the latest version that is now showing is 2.75.1, not the 3.3.1 that I updated to recently.  So I assume if I load that I will get the old app back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

kimaerin, Did the reinstall maintain your history of data or was it lost?

Best Answer

I uninstall and reinstalled the Fitbit app and I got the same boring one!! 😑😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in data visualization and new design is poor data visualization.  You are hearing complaint after complaint and here is the reason why...definition of a dashboard is to get insights at a glance in one page.  

Before, I got every KPI in one view. Now, I have to scroll. I don’t want to scroll...that is time consuming and defeats the purpose of a dashboard.  Please do research in good dashboard design and best practices. 

If you like new design, the. Give us the choice. Please bring back old view because there was nothing wrong with it. It was easy to use, quick to learn and provided the insights we need at a GLANCE. 

Best Answer

Why was the alarm option removed from the app?  Even though I agree with other comments disliking the new look, I can deal with those changes, just want the alarm back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Texas7, in the phone app, click on your profile picture,  then click on the picture of your fitbit tracker,  then you should be able to scroll down a little bit to silent alarms.

Hope this helps.  Cheers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My data is all there, but I seem to have lost my 'friends'....oh well. 

Best Answer

You can set alarm on your watch! I don't like the new design at all! Good luck... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost the leaderboard! It will not load! It's horrible. I liked being challenged by my friends on Fitbit. I'm scared to change the music. I might not get the channels back. I enjoy not carrying my phone around the gym. They have forgotten about the original Fitbit Versa because they are working on Fitbit Versa 2 which doesn't have the capability of music without carrying the phone yet! I'll switch to Apple! 

Best Answer