Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sleep tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 2 stop tracking my sleep since 2 nights. I wear the device as always, but No results in the dashboard anymore...

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey guys, @Nolram and @Krissiekris2, welcome to the Fitbit forums! Let me ask you this, are only the sleep stages not being tracked by your Charge 2 or the simplified details as well? In the meantime, I would suggest you to restart your tracker by following these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Same goes for me? Ni sleepinsights

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Nolram and @Krissiekris2, welcome to the Fitbit forums! Let me ask you this, are only the sleep stages not being tracked by your Charge 2 or the simplified details as well? In the meantime, I would suggest you to restart your tracker by following these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot! All is well again 🙂

kris

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are more than welcome @Krissiekris2! Sounds great that your Charge 2 is tracking your sleep accurately again. 😉 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your info.

it was only the sleep which was not given. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Nolram! Did you try the instructions that I posted above about restarting your Charge 2? If you haven't, please give it a try and let me know if that works. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi de hi,

Thanks for your help; I followed yr instructions. And guess what; its tracking again. 😂

Met vriendelijke groeten, best regards,
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Nolram, you are more than welcome! Sounds great that your Charge 2 is working fine again. If you have further questions, let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had almost no success in getting the sleep stages to work and get a message that it needs 3 consecutive hours of uninterrupted sleep.  But I'm 71 years old and many nights don't get that.   Does anyone have any information as to how many 71 year olds get 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep on average?  I don't remember Fitbit telling warning anyone to take this sort of information into account though they seem to have a lot of information about average sleep statistics.  I'm wondering whether this is a consumer protection issue.

Best Answer

As far as I can gather this it should be possible for fitbit to inform

you. Although the outcome might deviate from the real statistics. Not every person is that honest in giving their real age. I recommend you to check the average for a person of your age whenever you dó get the sleep insights i.e. You have had  >3 houtsnif sleep. This is a benchmark for same aged people worldwide. Hope this info helped you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 hasn't recorded sleep details for a couple of months now. I know there are conditions when it won't record properly...too loose, low battery, incorrect placement in my wrist/arm, and I've tried the restart solution several times with no resolution.

ive been reviewing the back and forth on this subject and see that it's been going on for a year now. I think it's way past the time that Fitbit takes ownership of this obvious flaw and either fix it or admit they cannot provide a reliable product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. My guess is that a large percentage of people don't reach the threshold of 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep which is required. Of those who buy them primarily for the sleep tracking, probably a higher percentage. But Fitbit doesn't disclose it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you find out if Fitbit or anyone has any statistics as to what percentage of people do not regularly start their nightly sleep with 3 hours uninterrupted sleep so that the tracker will work.  It appears that that percentage of persons will always have problems and Fitbit should have disclosed it and should take action now.  This problems appears to have been around for years from the posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid this solution isn't working for me.  I'm only getting about 1in7 sleeps tracked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
None of the solutions for getting Fitbit to track sleep patterns work because this failure is a defect in the product. There are things that happen that can prevent recording sleep patterns when the unit works properly, among these are unit is too loose, low battery, unit slips too low on wrist. I've had all of these occur as, I am sure, many others have also. At this point my unit has not recorded sleep patterns for two months and I've been searching for a solution to no avail.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Sleep stages stopped 4 days ago - tried all suggested solutions with no luck - seems to be a problem being experienced by many users all of a sudden - HELP !!!

Best Answer
I’m still not getting detail sleep stages and it’s been at least two months now. I also have tried all the various “fixes” with no luck. All other tracking functions seem to work fine.
I’ve tried various adjustments to where the device is located on my wrist and varying the tightness. Nothing.
Would be good to know how widespread this problem is and what the company thinks about it. Apparently Fitbit doesn’t really care as they already have our money. Seriously looking into other brands.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I called customer service.  Gave them my number in case we were disconnected, they asked what the problem was, line disconnected.  Like you, I tried every combination of settings, tightness and location on my wrist, etc and never got it to work two nights in a row.

Best Answer
The thing is, mine worked great for more than a year. Except for a few times that could definitely be traced to looseness or low battery, I got beautiful detail. Then for no apparent reason a couple of moths ago it stopped recording detail. I only get simplified reading...sleep and awake basically.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer