Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Not enough data available' for Heart Rate when tracking/logging workouts?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm using my charge 2 with my iphone 11, iphone has latest update installed as does the fitbit app yet since 15th march any workout I track or log is not recording any heart rate data and is saying 'not enough heart rate data available'. All other details are present. I have deleted and reinstalled app, removed device and added back etc and still not working. So frustrating!

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

It worked. Starting the excersise from the watch fixed the issue. I now have heart rate data for the excersise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And here was me thinking it was just because I'm an accountant!  So, if I am reading this right, you can either have the map (on the phone app) or the heart rate data on the watch but not both?

Best Answer
You can have both but only if you start the activity from your fitbit
device and NOT from your phone. Which doesn't make sense because your phone
is used for mapping data nevertheless and I find easier to control my
activities from the phone rather than tiny display of my watch.
Best Answer

I need the phone app because I'm linked to Strava, which seems to have much more flexibility than Fitbit but does require GPS which the Charge 2 lacks.  I wonder if Fitbit have fixed this with later devices, as I'll be on the market for a new tracker/watch later this year.

Best Answer

It has been analyzed in different thread. It is a known bug for 5+ years. The timestamps of heart rate data are different than phone time by 1h due to daylight savings, so starting the exercise from phone fails to match the heart rates. Starting the exercise from watch fails to record gps. Sadly, we cannot have both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue when I start and log workout (walks) thru the Fitbit app but not when I start it on my Versa 2 watch. Using Android 13 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @E4Peterson and welcome to the Community.  I have the definitive answer for you.  When you start your walk through the Fitbit app, you are using a feature called MobileRun.  It's a very old feature -- notice that the only options are walk, run, and hike.  A bug appeared in both the Android and iOS apps in 2019.  Fitbit made a decision not to fix that bug -- all models being sold at that time have an Exercise app on the device.  Fitbit generally doesn't fix bugs after it has moved on from a feature.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW Thanks for the info.  The issue I have with this is I tend to do more walking & hiking.  It would be nice to know how far I have gone and it is a useful tool when looking / experimenting for new walks / hikes to go on (distance & elevation).  I cannot track a walk or hike with GPSs on my Versa 2 as this is only available for running & biking.  I can on my phone thru the app but as previously stated it doesn't track heartrate.  I am not sure why they cant take the recorded heart rate information (time & date) and match it with the "workout" information (time & date).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@E4Peterson   Please check the individual settings for your Walk and Hike shortcuts.  I no longer use my Versa 2, but I know I used GPS with both of those shortcuts.  The Versa 2 manual says swipe up on a shortcut and tap on the gear icon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes