Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recognizing outdoor bike automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since this week my Fitbit Charge 2 doesn't recognize my outdoor bike automatically.

I ride my bike every day to work. It's a bike ride of 15 minutes. 

The charge 2 always recognized the bike ride. But this week it doesn't anymore.

Any ideas of how to fix this problem?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hey there @mevr.jet, thanks for stopping by! Smiley Very Happy As you know my friend, SmartTrack recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms. Sometimes, motions such as pushing a stroller while you walk, may interrupt SmartTrack.

Additionally, stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking. By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. If your activities aren't being recognized, lowering the time auto-exercise recognition setting to 10 minutes may help ensure they record properly. Smiley Happy

If your walk activity is not being recognized after lowering the Auto-Exercise Recognition setting. Let me tell you that we've found that some customers have a better experience with SmartTrack if they try wearing their tracker on a different wrist. In some cases, changing the wrist that you wear your tracker on can improve activity recognition.

Remember that if you change your wrist, you should also change your handedness setting. 

Last but not least, I'd like to make sure that you've tried restarting your tracker by following these steps

Also, can you confirm to me that you your "Outdoor bike" on the SmartTrack feature is not set to IGNORED by mistake?

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem.

I find out that my watch doesn't automatically turns on when turning my wrist.

Is there a possibility that the motion sensor is broken?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because my motionsensor didn't work anymore I got a new Fitbit Charge 2. 

It recognized my bikeride 1 time and now it doesn't again. What can be wrong? I tried all the solutions given. Is it broke again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mevr.jet did restarting the tracker as @MarreFitbit suggested fix the problem? 

If not, then the other thing would be is to do an add device, choose the replace option, and set the tracker up as if it was new to you. 

Best Answer

I have tried restarting indeed. Didn't solve the problem. I have now replaced the tracker as suggested by you. This afternoon I will know if it works again. Keep you posted.

Thank you.

Best Answer

I got a new tracker under guarantee.

It worked for a few weeks

And now my FitBit Charge 2 doesn't always autorecognize my outdoor bike rides again!  Every day the same bikeride, one day it tracks, the other day not. In the autorecognized activities in the app there is no outdoorbike anymore, only mountainbike. When I login at the computer it is still there as autorecognized activity. What has happened. It used to work perfect. The Fitbit is a relative expensive watch, but worth it when al the features work, but now it is not worth the money. And yes, I have resetted the watch, I have done everything recommended by the Fitbit team.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, after replacement it does not recognize biking. 

Restart hasn’t helped. 

Best Answer

Did it work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my versa. Since one week it just stopped auto recognize when I ride my bike!! Need help!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with my Versa.  It worked one time, very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes