Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message notification not working with charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought fitbit charge 2 couple of days back. I get the call notification but I am not getting the text message notification. I am not sure is it iOS problem or my fitbit needs to be replaced. 

Has anyone else faced similar issue? What should i do to replace it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hey @Kourg, welcome aboard! Robot Happy Don't you worry, there are a few tips that I'd like you to review to get the text notifications. So just take a look at this post and let me know if the issue persists. 

Catch ya' later! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey,

I checked all these but still no text notifications. I get the call notification but not text message even when my phone is nearby. Even checked the settings of my fitbit app and phone.

Can this be an issue with my fitbit. I bought it 5 days back and already getting issues. Planning to return it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 started doing the same thing back in October.  Fitbit says they are aware of the issue and are working on it.  It's been months, though, and it still doesn't work.  Very frustrating.  If this feature is important to you (it is to me!), I'd return it while you still have a chance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Kourg and @krorter, thanks for taking the time to try the steps I posted above and contact our Support team for additional help. I'd like you to try something else my friend, after the update to iOS 11, in "Notification Settings" on iPhone, under "Messages", there is now an option called "Show in History" this replaces the previous "Show in Notification Center" and it needs enabling to allow text messages to appear on Fitbit Charge 2. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

nothing worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was told that it did not work on androids only but that it they were fixing the issue in 2 weeks, we will see Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me! 👍🏼😁👍🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jackaws, welcome to the Fitbit forums! Sounds good that your Charge 2 is working fine now and getting text notifications. If you have further questions or comments, feel free to keep me posted. 

Have a nice weekend! 

Best Answer

iPhones users had issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Aceboogie1, it is great to see you around more often! Are you using an Android device or an iOS to sync your Charge 2? If you are using an Android, and not getting text notifications, please make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your phone. In addition, please take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhobe 8 running iOS 12.1.4 and none of the tips work. I get call notifications but not text messages. Anyone have an update as to why. Searched everywhere, and no one seems to know why.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add in: I have a Fitbit Charger 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes