Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View Suggestion

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The new update for the Charge 2 is working great. Nice feature to be able to turn Notications on or off from the watch face. 

I would like to suggest that the Quick View feature also be made accessible from the watch face. Maddening to try and find my phone at night when my watch wakes me up from the quick view coming on and not so great for my husband who sleeps on the side I wear my watch on...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wkrahn and welcome to the Fitbit Community!

I'd recommend making this demand known on our feature suggestions board, specifically by voting and commenting on this suggestion.

Top-voted feature suggestions get relayed to our product development team for consideration.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @wkrahn and welcome to the Fitbit Community!

I'd recommend making this demand known on our feature suggestions board, specifically by voting and commenting on this suggestion.

Top-voted feature suggestions get relayed to our product development team for consideration.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Thanks. Done!
Best Answer

I always turn Quick View off when I go to bed. But somtimes I forget and have to look for my mobile phone to turn is off in the app and sync withe the Charge 2.

Also as a chorus-director it is disturbing when the Charge 2 goes on and off while waving my arms! It's not handy when I first have to look for my phone to switch it off. 

It would indeed be nice if you can turn Quick View off and on directly on the Charge 2, the way you now can turn off and on the Notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or even better if we could set up a time for the quick view to go on and of, e.g. Turn on at 6am and of at 10pm. This way there will be no more waking up at night even forgetting to tur it of! Thanks!

Best Answer

Really good suggestion.

Alternatively - it senses when you have gone to sleep and switchs off - aligned to the sleep tracker

How do we get this suggestion to the Fitbit team ??

Best Answer

Unfortunately currently sleep is not sensed until after you wake up and have synced to the server. Then fitbit in the cloud does the sleep magic.

Best Answer
Thank You for your quick reply. Another option would be align quick view to the Target Sleep Schedule which is user fixed. this way at the set time " bed time " it would switch off to come on at the set " wake up-time"
Best Answer

I agree with this suggestion! Is there a technical reason not to allow quick view to be set from the watch face? I'm able to enable/disable notifications on the watch, why can't it be like that? It's aggravating that I have to rely on my phone to change a setting on the watch. Hunt for phone, unlock, scroll to app icon, open app, go to settings, scroll down, tap Quick View, wait 5-20 seconds for sync to fail, retry 7 times, and then finally after 30-90 seconds of angrily tapping on my phone screen, the watch face takes the setting. And I have to do that twice a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Several of the fitbit's do have the quickview setting on the watch. 

In the feature request board we do have a suggestion for quick view to be disabled while asleep, this will be possible for the newer trackers that monitor sleep on the unit. 

With the Charge 2 sleep gets determined after the sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm well aware of that. You're replying to a pretty old post and I've moved
on to a Charge 3 in which they basically fixed this issue.
Best Answer