Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick view on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have updated from Charge2 to Charge3 and I miss the settings for automatic display by moving the arm (in German language it‘s „Schnellansicht“, sorry don‘t know the english term for it).

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @MarkWest, it's nice to see you around here! I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 by following these steps: 

• Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  • Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  • Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Then, please let's try these steps once again:

• On your tracker, press and hold the button until the Quick Settings menu appears.
  • Find the Screen Wake option and tap it to turn it off. 
  • Sync your tracker to save the changes.

Also, do this on your Fitbit app:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  • Tap or click your device image.
  • Find an option to turn off Quick View.
  • Sync your tracker to save the changes
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hey there @MarkWest, it's nice to see you around here! I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 by following these steps: 

• Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  • Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

• On your tracker, press and hold the button until the Quick Settings menu appears.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the hint to disable quick view on the device, that works fine. In Fitbit App I cannot find the Option to turn off quick view Sinne using charge3. Before, when using charge2 it was there, I know.

Best Answer

I have tried the below and still my quick view option has not reappeared!,,

Best Answer

How do I "Find the Quick View" setting?  This is the real question.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Electro! On your Charge 3, press and hold the button until the Quick Settings menu appears. You'll prompt with Screen Wake and Notifications options. Tap Screen Wake to turn it on/off. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this is good, but I had to work it out for myself

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I was looking on the app but didn’t see it there as per the solution.   
I’m good now thanks the reply. 

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen shows nth. I can't find the quick view on the app either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Easiest is to use your thumb and index finger squeeze in both left and right sides of your Charge 3 together at the same time and hold on until display comes on, it should be Screen Wake / Notifications.  So squeeze and hold until the display comes on.  You should feel the haptic vibrations too.

Best Answer

I have been talking to support about the same problem.  I couldn't follow any of his directions, nothing looked like he said it should
I found some of your suggestions easier to follow, but still no success
@MarreFitbit wrote:

Managed to do this - your directions worked - his didn't

This was a bit confusing to start with.  When I press and hold the button, the Quick Settings menu does not appear.  What I get is "Tap to unlock"  When I tap on that I get scrolling numbers 0-9,  I have now discovered that if I swipe left, I get the screen wake option, so I have now turned that off

More problems.  What does the Account icon look like?  I just can not find it!  I did find my devices image on the right side of the dashboard, but that just shows me how long ago it last synced

I can not find anything anywhere for the Quick View option2019-08-22_00-12-07.jpg

Give this a shot and let me know if the restart and sync steps do the trick! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I had the same problem. I will try the reset but quick way for me I found online was: Hold left button down on Fitbit. Two quick settings appear on screen. Top on one is called ‘screen wake’ this toggles the setting you ask about. Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me.  I cannot find that quick view anywhere on the tracker or on the app.  Screen awake is on but quick view cannot be found. My display will not come on when I turn my wrist

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I followed all the instructions, including resetting my Fitbit, but I encountered two problems with your solution: (1) on the Charge 3, the Screen Wake option doesn't respond to the tap. (2) On the phone app, the "Quick View" option has disappeared. I used to be able to see both. How do I solve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes NO "Quick View" either on Charge 3 device or app for me either.

Best Answer
0 Votes