Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random screen switching and vibrating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3. Started vibrating and switching between screens on its own. non responsive left button, random screen switching and vibrating. will not stop and unable to sync?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Angelct62, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing all this information about the trouble you've been experiencing with the screen of your Charge 3 and the syncing process. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them.

Let me know about the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Angelct62, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing all this information about the trouble you've been experiencing with the screen of your Charge 3 and the syncing process. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

had the same issue a couple of days ago - fixed by re-booting but now won't hold a charge - needs to be charged every 4 hours or so!

Best Answer

I tried everything that was told to do, it worked but wont keep a charge so I took there offer for an upgrade as mine was still under warranty 

Best Answer

What was the solution to this.  I'm having the same issue with my Charge 3.  All my attempts to reboot aren't helping.

Best Answer

mine was still under warranty so they offered me a new charge 3 or a upgrade at a discount.  I up graded to a Charge 4 but have to say I liked the 3 much better. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for your replies and welcome to the new users in the Community forums @VeLoJo @Angelct62 @lobsterhat. Sorry for the late response, I'll be glad to help you with this.  

@VeLoJo,  I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Angelct62, thank you for confirming that you were offered a replacement or discount by the Customer Support team. 

@lobsterhat, before considering other options, and besides the regular restart procedure, please make sure that you've also followed the steps listed here below to complete the long restart: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for me. It changed the craziness to a different craziness. 

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for your reply and sharing this update @S2G47, we definitely don't want more craziness. Sorry for the late response.  

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  First happened a week ago.  Rebooted and was fixed.  Happened in the middle of a run this morning and now won't reboot.  No response at all to holding button for any length of time, on or off charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having this too. I started doing it whilst i was driving and the vibrations were erratic to the point i removed my watch while driving so i could concentrate on driving and not crash.  I have tried the option given by the moderator and it has not worked. Instead all i know have a blank screen but still having erratic vibrations. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

they gave me a new one. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @RunningHills @SiobhanFrances, sorry for the late response.  

Thank you for confirming that you're still having trouble with the screen of the Charge 3 and that you already tried the suggested troubleshooting steps.

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. What was the fix? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes