Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Steps while tracking sleep and other sleep ?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my fitbit yesterday, and slept with it on to track my sleep. When I woke up there were already 41 steps logged. I don't sleep walk either. Anyone know why it's doing that? Or how to get it to track more accurately? I know I can negate the steps by going in after and put it in driving mode for the time frame I was sleeping, but I don't want to do that every single morning. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kkrenz12 It's nice to have you on board! Your tracker is designed to detect your movement and translate it to steps so when you turn around while sleeping your tracker may detect a few steps. Still the amount should be low enough to be negligible so you can just ignore these steps. As you said there where 41 steps counted while you slept, compare these steps to the 8K or 10K steps or more that you do daily and it won't represent that much of your daily activity.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Kkrenz12 It's nice to have you on board! Your tracker is designed to detect your movement and translate it to steps so when you turn around while sleeping your tracker may detect a few steps. Still the amount should be low enough to be negligible so you can just ignore these steps. As you said there where 41 steps counted while you slept, compare these steps to the 8K or 10K steps or more that you do daily and it won't represent that much of your daily activity.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up this morning and my fitbit is saying i have 7542 steps. I dont know how this is when i was sleeping. Is there something wrong with my fitbit

Best Answer

I have a brand new charge 2HR. After less than a week, it tracked over 4,000 steps in a week. Is there any way to reset this?

Best Answer
0 Votes