Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycle/donate old fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a new Charge HR under warranty, my old one is not sellable, as the band is mostly detached from the tracker, but I don't want to just chuck it in the bin.  

I know there's recyclehealth.com, but I also don't particuarly want to pay the postage to send it to the States. 

Anyone know a charity in the UK that will take old fitbits in need of repair/refurb? 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for visiting the Community @Jen_G

It's great to hear that you've gotten a replacement! You don't necessarily have to send i to the States, you can take it to an electronic store for them to take care of recycling it. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @MaginB - I will keep that in mind as a possibility, but I'd definitely prefer to donate if possible.  I'll wait a little while (not like they take up much room!) and see if anyone knows any charities, if not I'll go with the electronic store.  .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jen_G

That's pretty nice of you, it's great to hear that you want to donate your old Fitbit. Robot Happy Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Happy stepping! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I have exactly the same issue in the UK - did you find anywhere to recycle or donate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new users around @Judith_S

Let me help you with this. My best advise would be to take to an electronic shop so they can recycle it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, 

Currys PC world recycles any electronic devices even if you don't buy anything there. 

Cheers

Best Answer

Hey - I appreciate this thread is really old but I am looking to recycle/donate my old fitbit in the UK and there doesn't seem to be a Recycle Health equivalent, but I found https://weeecharity.co.uk/ and they do take wearables so I am going to send mine there and hopefully they can do something useful with it 🙂 Lisa in the admin team has been super helpful!

Best Answer

I would absolutely love if Fitbit offered a recycling service or a trade in service for their products, would show that they are aware and care about how their products are disposed of into the environment, especially when certain products do not have a very long shelf life! I currently have two Charge 3 bands that I can no longer use as the screen has faded, and do not want to simply throw into the bin! Like a mobile phone, these trackers are always going to have upgrades and new models, and it would certainly be an incentive to purchase from Fitbit again if there was an option to trade in my old watches to put towards a new model, or to simply recycle the old tech responsibly.

Best Answer

Did you replace your Charge 3? I can't decide between the Charge 5 or the cheaper Inspire 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dkbnyny I just got the Inspire 2 yesterday on an Amazon sale, didn't want to repurchase a Charge model since my Charge 3 had such a short longevity! Hoping this band lasts longer than 4 months!

Best Answer