Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even though it is set to 'on' ..on all my devices and on my online account...the reminder to move doesn't work 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jynxez Thanks for stopping by! It could be that your notifications may be off, long press the button on your tracker until you see a message that says "Notifications ON" you should start receiving notifications after this that includes your reminders to move.

@WendyB thanks for your suggestions.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Welcome to the forums!

Please Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Lets us know if this helps!

Join in on the Discussion boards. All kinds of things from dog Pictures to Recipe sharing.

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Unfortunately doing a restart didn't help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Then I would Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jynxez Thanks for stopping by! It could be that your notifications may be off, long press the button on your tracker until you see a message that says "Notifications ON" you should start receiving notifications after this that includes your reminders to move.

@WendyB thanks for your suggestions.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for the tip!..my Fitbit is behaving now 😀

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

@jynxez Glad to know this worked for you! 

I'll be around.

Best Answer

Long pressing the button on the tracker worked after about an hour.  Thank you

Best Answer

@Hal56 Thanks for stopping by! Happy to hear that this tips worked for you and thank you for taking the time to post as this may help other members with the same issue.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

Which of the three buttons on the Blaze? I have been having this issue on and off for the last couple of days. I just the Blaze last week.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

You solved my problem. thank you

Best Answer

@Bbrags3 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Happy to hear that you found your answer in the community and thank you for letting us know that this worked for you as this confirmation may help other members to try the suggestions.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

My notifications are on. I am getting all other notificatiobs. Just reminder to move is not working

Best Answer

@Gshradha Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that you aren't getting your reminders to move and for the delay in my response. Try deleting the reminders to move setting, sync your tracker, then set it up again and sync your device.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Two days ago I bought versa 2. Reminders to move not working. I have checked all variants to solve this problem as it was discussed here.  All other functions are cool! What is now about it?

Best Answer

SAME.  My reminders to move aren't working on my Versa2, used on an android. My app is up to date, my tracker is up to date.  My DND is not on, my sleep mode is not on.  The app has all permissions on and notification turned on in my phone settings and in the app settings.  Show notifications on the lock screen is turned on, on the phone. In the specific Versa settings accessed through the app, always vibrate is turned on; reminders to move are turned on for every day; all day sync-is turned on.

Things that I have tried:

1.  I have restarted the Versa2, at least 3 times

2. I have restarted my phone multiple times

3. I have turned bluetooth off, and then back on.

4. I have restarted the Versa2 between turning the phone off and back on.

5. I have unpaired the Versa2 and readded it as a device. 

After completing these steps, which was an entire day of troubleshooting to test to see if each options would resolve the issue, I finally got notifications back.  But then they weren't working again the next day.  I went through all the steps again and added:

6. Log in and out of the app

7. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

That fixed the problem, for a couple hours, and now we are back to no reminders to move again, and now my text and email notification aren't working either.  It is absolutely unacceptable that a basic feature such as this does not consistently work properly. 

Best Answer

I fixed mine by toggling the slider twice and then syncing with the app.

note: I toggled the slider on web app.

hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting notifications to move also. I have a new luxe Fitbit. There is no button on the tracker.

Best Answer

Which was really the only notification I wanted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. So much with the Fitbit software seems flaky. Unbelievable that they have managed to maintain such dominant market share despite this.

Best Answer